Thread: 1st jersey striper 2017?

Default 1st jersey striper 2017?

So who's going to be fishing at 12:01 a.m. march first?
    Where do you guys think the first weighed in striper will come from, north or south?

I caught on 1-1-17 and so did a few others LOL...JK I no what mean...I say down by pebble beach Absecon area..PP...Whether they catch it down there or not...who knows but that's where it'll get weighed in

Nice going blazin. This is a strange year and very warm spring. I say the fish will be caught in nucular water. Def agree with you it will be weighed wherever the biggest prizes are being given, prob Absc.

You never know. Few years ago someone won the contest and I heard he caught it at 9 p.m. the night before the season opened. People do strange things when money is involved. good luck anyway, guys!

Apparently the folks at ABSC got wise to the power plant trick-

"PARTICIPANTS: To win the entire $200 Gift Certificate or any other prize, You must submit reasonable proof that you caught your fish in waters of South Jersey not connected to influence of the Oyster Creek Nuculear Power Plant. Since almost everyone carries a phone with a camera with them I suggest you immedialtey take a picture and send to me when the fish is first caught.*

Post it to this page, send in a Facebook message or email to go-fish@abseconbay.com*

Any fish taken from the influence of the Oyster Creek Nuculear power plant before...*a "Cold Water Fish" will be entitled to 1/2 of the appropriate prize and the remainder will be awarded to the 1st "Cold Water Catch" or the next in line.

It is up to you to PROVE to me, Capt. David Showell, beyond a reasonable doubt that you did infact catch a fish in the "Wild" environment. If you do not want to give away your Fishing Zone, then you will settle for half the prize."

About ****ing time. Good move Dave.

I agree. The first bass of the season was getting out of hand, with guys weighing 1 bass in at multiple shops just to collect the money. it was all about ego.

Well they got numbers one and two already. And they didn't come from the power plant, that's like almost unheard of. Congratulations nice catch!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	588_20170301_125004_-_Copy.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	20796