Thread: Love fishing

Default Love fishing

Ever since I can remember, I have loved to fish. My dad owned a boat and when I got older we did fresh water fishing together. As I got older I would fresh water fish with friends.

I had been on some party boats which I enjoyed.

Then Dark came along and introduced me to saltwater surf fishing.

Now I can say that Saltwater surf fishing is my favorite way to fish.

How about you?

for 45 years bass in the surf

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

My father started me young. Sunnys to large mouths to trout on bait then fly fishing for trout. Then we went with my brother-inlaw and his father surf fishing (3 day trip). Not only did I hook my fist two stripers, I was hooked on surf fishing. Whenever I have tim to get out there I do.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Default Enjoyable time spent

We had a brook in the backyard when I was a kid and used to fish for sunnys and carp. My father always took me to the rocks for Fluke.
    As I posted in probably my first post on this site-“I just enjoy everything about walking the wetline. I love the very early walks, the casting and anticipation of the next cast, the changing of plugs, the hit, the strike, the drag singing, the bend in the rod, the play of the Bass and the beaching. And then the attempt to do it all over again on the next cast or the hundredth cast. I enjoy the hook ups, but if it's a fishless day, the day was still enjoyed, and the time spent at the waters edge is never a waste to me”.

Happy Trails

Default Re: Love fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    My father started me young. Sunnys to large mouths to trout on bait then fly fishing for trout. Then we went with my brother-inlaw and his father surf fishing (3 day trip). Not only did I hook my fist two stripers, I was hooked on surf fishing. Whenever I have tim to get out there I do.
    That's kind of how I started out. From sunnies, trout, bass and pickerel to stripers. You never forget your first striped and fishing with your Dad when young makes memories that will last forever. Good thread.

I started catching bergals, little black fish, and snappers from the inlets. Always loved to fish.

I like salt water because of the mystery. Even if you are going after stripers. You could catch one that is three pounds or maybe the next one will be 30. You never know.