Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports April 2017

Great news, heard they are getting them in the AC area as well.

Delaware River report. I fished way down on Sunday 1 29 inch striper and I missed some others. The guy next to me got a 27 pounder. He said he was lucky but I felt like such a loser seeing him reel in that fish. It was a monster. All on blood worms.

Standing next to someone while they are getting bigger fish, and you are either getting small ones or nothing is a little humiliating and humbling. I feel your pain dude!

moco in the front yesterday. 3-6. Two short stripers on the shad. Apparently I missed some great blue fish action. Guys were there talking about it happening yesterday, but nothing ever did.

At least you got something. I was throwing stormshads and metal in so Moco from 6 until dark. Skunk ola.

Gators to 14#, smallish bass to 8#. Yesterday PM. Swimmers for bass, poppers and small metal for blues. Da bay.

Thanks for the intel! Will be out searching this afternoon.

Got out to Moco after work tonight. 7 to 9. I must have just missed the Blues because they said there were some nice ones caught. Nothing for me, still a nice night to be out. Back at it again I want them blues!

Looked for some action in the ocean yesterday for 2 hours, and this morning from 6 to 8:30am. I got skunked yesterday. Today was a little better, a few short stripers on rubber shads, white. Then the blue fish came in and they chopped everything up. Threw on a bucktail and caught a few. Biggest was about 10 pounds. They were nice and feisty. In and out quickly. This was in mo co.

Trolled a couple bass between the cans in RB for a quick trip at 5 before the crowds came out. chartreuce shads worked best for me. Kept one at 14# for the table. Weekend traffic has really gotten out of hand.

Ya funny thing about those bluefish blitzes. They are in and out so quick. Worked the beach in Ocean County yesterday. Right before dark they came in. I got a handful. It was pretty nice on Crocs. By the time it was over, there were dozens of guys rushing onto the beach like there was a million-dollar prize for the biggest blue fish. Crazy

Capt N in the other thread I was talking about this more six pack charters and private boats taking a lot of the striped bass before they have a chance to spawn. I definitely wasn't talking about you, sir. I have read your reports for years. I noticed that you are a pretty decent guy when it comes to conservation. Good luck out there for a great season. thanks for the reports.

No offense taken. Sometimes I feel bad for you guys on the surf or beaches because the bass are just beyond reach of the furthest cast. So I try to help when I can. Tight lines to you as well. Fish I trolled today were between keyport and the navy pier.

You guys revere the striper like it is some kind of God of the fishies. Honestly they don't taste that good. Fluke and tog are much more tasty when it comes to seafood when you can't eat shrimp or lobster. My two cents only.

7 micro bass and 6 blues to 8#

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    7 micro bass and 6 blues to 8#
    Nice action
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Nice going FC. Yeah I've been getting into those runty stripers at night on small plugs and rubber. Some of them are so small they're smaller than hickory shad. But the blue fish finally did show up, and have been fun for the last two days. Island Beach area. Come get em gents, they are here.

Also if you don't want or like blue fish that's fine, but please don't pile em up on the beach to rot. Any guy who thinks that's cool get in touch with me and I will be glad to crap on your car or truck.

Good fishing on a quick afternoon trip last Thursday, we had 10 keepers up to 25# casting plugs and swim shads.

We kept two of the smaller fish and released all the bigger fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

3.jpg   4.jpg  

5.jpg  

boat fish don't count

4 blues to 12#

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast