Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports April 2017

The blues showed up again at the park this weekend. There were some nice ones in there, up to 15 pounds. I was throwing metal. Some other folks got them on plugs and bucktails.

Into the blues in moco yesterday in the back. Fought a couple, lost a lot more. Small plugs and some topwater poppers. It was good until the wind got stronger and the tide got close to low. Man that wind was howling.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Trifecta this AM 2weakfish 4 bass and 5 large blues
    Great news. I almost didn't think the weak fish were going to show up this year. Thanks for sharing.

I was out in the back in Monmouth County yesterday as well. I must have picked the wrong place, because I saw only the blues that were a few. It was still nice to see some of them. Nothing for me. These blue fish are like all head and a very long body.

Have been hearing how great the bay was so I went early this morning. I think I made a mistake because the tide was very low. It wasn't bad when I started out with poppers, but eventually the wind was fierce. So I only fished for one and a half hours. Zippo for me. Still a nice morning out there if it wasn't that windy.

West is best

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

3.jpg   4.jpg  

Nice!

Good going guys. JB the blue fish in the one of the next-to-last pics looks like it is big and fat, a lot different than some of the other blue fish. Has that purple shine direct from the ocean. Nice looking fish.

I fished moco last night in the back on the incoming tide 8 - 11. Got some nice blues, but it was on and off. It seems like waves of them would come through and then I would get hit. All on bone color SPs.

Noticed a similar thing. Went to Island beach and fish the last 2 hours before dark. The closer it got to dark the better the catching was. I got a couple nice ones on bucktails and crocodile spoons. My biggest was only about 10 pounds tho. One guy caught one that he said was 18 pounds. massive bluefish

Out late last night deep in the back. Monmouth County in the dark. A few places. Tossing rubber and small plugs. Two short bass on the rubber. Then a big blue bit me off and I went to plugs. One more blue and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    Noticed a similar thing. Went to Island beach and fish the last 2 hours before dark. The closer it got to dark the better the catching was. I got a couple nice ones on bucktails and crocodile spoons. My biggest was only about 10 pounds tho. One guy caught one that he said was 18 pounds. massive bluefish
    Bite gets better as the tide moves in.

Some pretty decent gator action yesterday end of day in the park. Sore arms.

Wow looks like I missed a lot of good activity. Have been staying away the last two days because I thought the wind would screw it up. Looks like I guessed wrong LOL. Thanks for the heads up, will be out hitting it hard.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567