Thread: 2017 Long Island Fishing Reports Thread

Hybrid View

Sorry to hear that. One of my favorite nj areas is closed due to birds as well.

Have been fishing some of the inlets on the SS and further east. Great action with big blues with a few stripers thrown in. Most everything on bucktail and pork.

Quote Originally Posted by BassBuddah View Post
    Have been fishing some of the inlets on the SS and further east. Great action with big blues with a few stripers thrown in. Most everything on bucktail and pork.
    Nice, took a ride out east last Sunday AM and just picked up one Blue around 8 lbs.
    Its beautiful out there, hardly a soul fishing the area. Was bright out on the water, this is a little after 3 am.

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Awesome full moon pic thanks for sharing.

Just packed it in for a while. Rain got to me only had a light rainjacket. Fished a SS inlet with buck and pork rind for a few hours. Blues still around. This was around the top of the tide. May try tomorrow again when I have better raingear with me.

Fished the CSS from 1:30 to 9:00 this morning. Lots of different weed in the water and not clean in any way. Picked up a short bass and ~5 pound blue. Had fun out on a bar getting pounded throwing a SS popper. Picked up the bass there. Did loose a nice fish that ended up bending two hooks on the popper before getting off. Fun, invigorating (was knocked over a few times) trip , fished with a friend (him in the pic).

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Nice pic.

I know boat reports dont count but we gave it a try. Hit jbay early this morning. Out before sun up. Saw small bluefish breaking on little baitfish right at sunrise. Picked up a half dozen with 1 oz diamond jigs. Then we tried fluking. Strong tide. We did get a few with chartreuse gulp and teaser. All small. Decent action for a few hours. Tight lines all.