Thread: 2017 Long Island Fishing Reports Thread

Hybrid View

This AM 9 Blues, smaller though still fun.
    Missed a few hits, lost a few.
    Calm ocean, not to crowded, fun trip.
    Ava with green tail got the most action.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

SS inlet. Seems they are still going in and out. I did ok yesterday from 7-10pm on the incoming tide. A little crowded but not that bad because of the on and off rain. I left when it started to pour. All bluefish. On buck and pork. No stripers.

Thanks for the report. I have to admit I was leery of going down because thought there would be major crowds. Listening to the news reports it seemed a lot of people stayed local. Businesses must be hurting. They depend on this weekend to kick start the revenue for the summer.

Fished out east last night. Chased off the water by the lightning. No fish for me but conditions (sans lightning) were great. Lots of white water. Will be back.

Only had 2 hours to fish last night. Inlet in incoming tide last 2 hours. Did ok, bucktailed a few blues. Some other guys got some as well.

blues, blues, blues, more blues this morning. Seemed like the SE wind turned them on. All down deep near inlet. Left them biting had to go to work.

Only had a couple early am hours to fish this trip, skunked out on Sunken Meadow.
    Was planning on a walk east but lot was closed and I belive it was because of the birds.
    So had a short casting practice session and a little exercise on a nice night.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)