Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2017 Long Island Fishing Reports Thread

Out East, hit a sand beach. Fished 1:30-8:30 this AM.
    Crazy nice out. Nice looking surf, stained water. Only could manage one short bass on a SS bottle around 3:30. Missed another hit on a darter.
    Great being out there and getting a lot of exercise.

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Now I don't feel so bad. I figured it was time to put some effort in out East. Went fri night, and again last night. Fished right around high tide, into the outgoing. I was so sure I would catch. Always slay them in sept, or at least I used to. Lots of bait in the water. the boat guys have been getting some 30 pounders, but nothing where I was. Total for the 2 nights was 3 small blues. Other guys were out there at night and hitting it hard, said the same thing. A whole lot of nada.

Hit the CSS early AM to around 10:00.
    Getting myself in shape for the Fall Run......
    Missed a couple hits in the dark and picked up a short bass out front around 9:30.
    Always great being on the water, saw some small bait in a couple areas and possibly some mullet where I caught the shorty.

I know boat reports don't count but we did ok from a my bud's boat Saturday. Fished the outgoing tide off the Rockaways. A little sporty out there, stayed close to shore, maybe 1000 feet off. Got into a lot of stripers sized from 20-31 inches. We jigged with bucktails and shads, did about the same on each. For the jersey guys, it may be close to the end but it's not over yet.

Nice going

Fished closer to home for the last few weeks. No sense in taking the drive out east for scattered masses of fish. What a terrible season for montauk. I think the only fellas who did really well were ones who could get out there every day. I have been hitting a few here and there on bucktail and pork. First light and near sundown. Boats are still hitting them to the east, rockaways and bp. Haven't seen many larger fish in close except for one good night I had at 2am.

Got into small bass this AM, CSS, couple dozen+ from 14 inches to 24 inches. Most around 20 inches. 1/2 in dark, others when light showed. Longer casts got the "larger schoolies" mostly. Mambo Minnow and black teaser caught their fair share and used the new Yo-Zuri Hydro Minnow, 6 3/4" one, they cast like rockets (I was using a very light 9' rod). Had a nicer fish on the Ghost Black one, took drag before getting unbuttoned. Thanks Finchaser for the heads up on them (bottom pic is new plug).

Anytime my friend^^^

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice!

Good going. Got out 4 times in the past 2 weeks. Nothing of size, lots of small schoolies hitting rubber, small plugs, and diamond jigs. Getting smaller each time, this weekend might be the end.

Last trip of the year (family stuff time), Fished same area as last Sunday AM this morning (12:45-7:45), ~17 shorts, missed a few, lost a few. This time they would hit the wider profile plugs, a couple around 14 inches, the rest 20-22 inches. Fun, can't find anything larger. Got 4 on a small Washed Ashore squid darter, did not fish it that much, it did well. Also no teaser this time trying to get bigger fish. All fish caught in dark... light started to show and could not buy a hit, also that was when the white water became almost non existent.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345