Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Long Island Fishing Reports Thread

Good going gents.

Took a half a day off from work today to chase after whatever would hit my line. Started at high tide in the bay GSB area. Slammer Blues attacking pencil poppers. Came in for some refreshements and change some leaders. Going back out. Beautiful day for gator blues fellas.

Awesome. Got into the same yesterday 6-10pm. Monster gators. Up to 14lbs. Great action I love the fight. All on topwater in the bay.

Blues again this AM trip. 12:45-9:00.
    Bay side for a short bit first, nothing.
    Then ocean side in the dark, picked up 3, Sun-up inlet and 5 more.
    One on SS popper one on green Ava, rest on darters and Sebile Stick Shad.
    Lost a few and missed some hits.
    Fishing with crushed barbs this year so far, liking it.
    Beautiful night out there, fun trip. 25 inches to 36 inches (most over 30).
    Like Plugginpete said, love the fight from the Gators.
    Calm conditions for a change.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Just got done. Put in a quick pm trip before suppertime. I was jigging bucktails in an inlet near the top of the tide. Only gave it a little while because there were a lot of weeds. Managed one blue. didn't see a lot of others caught. Shame, because I thought it would be perfect but hey that's the way it goes in fishing.

The blue fish are still there, they are just down deeper. Fished an inlet near FI for the last 2 hours on the incoming tide after the rain stopped. Got some decent blues to 39 incher on bucktails. Nothing on top, all on the bottom.

Decent bass starting to shop up out East. Check out Paulies reports. Only one fish at a time though, which means you will have to work for them. May give it a try after the holiday. Tight lines everyone.

This AM 9 Blues, smaller though still fun.
    Missed a few hits, lost a few.
    Calm ocean, not to crowded, fun trip.
    Ava with green tail got the most action.

SS inlet. Seems they are still going in and out. I did ok yesterday from 7-10pm on the incoming tide. A little crowded but not that bad because of the on and off rain. I left when it started to pour. All bluefish. On buck and pork. No stripers.

Thanks for the report. I have to admit I was leery of going down because thought there would be major crowds. Listening to the news reports it seemed a lot of people stayed local. Businesses must be hurting. They depend on this weekend to kick start the revenue for the summer.

Fished out east last night. Chased off the water by the lightning. No fish for me but conditions (sans lightning) were great. Lots of white water. Will be back.

Only had 2 hours to fish last night. Inlet in incoming tide last 2 hours. Did ok, bucktailed a few blues. Some other guys got some as well.

blues, blues, blues, more blues this morning. Seemed like the SE wind turned them on. All down deep near inlet. Left them biting had to go to work.

Only had a couple early am hours to fish this trip, skunked out on Sunken Meadow.
    Was planning on a walk east but lot was closed and I belive it was because of the birds.
    So had a short casting practice session and a little exercise on a nice night.

Sorry to hear that. One of my favorite nj areas is closed due to birds as well.

Have been fishing some of the inlets on the SS and further east. Great action with big blues with a few stripers thrown in. Most everything on bucktail and pork.

Quote Originally Posted by BassBuddah View Post
    Have been fishing some of the inlets on the SS and further east. Great action with big blues with a few stripers thrown in. Most everything on bucktail and pork.
    Nice, took a ride out east last Sunday AM and just picked up one Blue around 8 lbs.
    Its beautiful out there, hardly a soul fishing the area. Was bright out on the water, this is a little after 3 am.

Awesome full moon pic thanks for sharing.

Just packed it in for a while. Rain got to me only had a light rainjacket. Fished a SS inlet with buck and pork rind for a few hours. Blues still around. This was around the top of the tide. May try tomorrow again when I have better raingear with me.

Fished the CSS from 1:30 to 9:00 this morning. Lots of different weed in the water and not clean in any way. Picked up a short bass and ~5 pound blue. Had fun out on a bar getting pounded throwing a SS popper. Picked up the bass there. Did loose a nice fish that ended up bending two hooks on the popper before getting off. Fun, invigorating (was knocked over a few times) trip , fished with a friend (him in the pic).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast