Thread: NJ fishing reports june 2017 www.stripersandanglers.com

Hybrid View

Went to moco and tried my luck. Fished from 6:30 to 9. It was pretty quiet until about 15 minutes before sundown. There was some sort of baitfish getting pushed tight to the beach. Couldn't really see what it was but the fishies were real interested. There was 2 other guys and me. We had some nice blues for a while and then it stopped like someone turned off a switch. All on bucktails for me. One guy had a popper and he was doing ok as well. Biggest blue was a 34 incher. With the lack of decent reports lately I was happy to see blues, if only for a short while.

OC for an hour this morning. Incomeing tide, water was a little rough but not that dirty. Blues over the bar, metal. Hardly anyone out.

We fished Wednesday afternoon trying to target large ocean stripers but couldn't find any willing to cooperate. We covered a lot of water and only had one bass blow up on a live lined bunker near the boat.

Setup on the chunk after dark and the dogfish kept us busy. We landed two bass around the 32-34" range (both released) and missed/dropped at least two more.

Thanks for the bunker Jim!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

3.jpg  

Cool report. Great job on the bunker transfer, love that pic.

Love the last photo too JB. Would make a great screen saver. Nice job on the catching too.

Me and the crew are still fishing the lower hudson. It has its moments. Overall it has slowed down a lot. Not a great year for the hudson in terms of quantity. Wish the bunker would have stayed and it might have been different.

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    Me and the crew are still fishing the lower hudson. It has its moments. Overall it has slowed down a lot. Not a great year for the hudson in terms of quantity. Wish the bunker would have stayed and it might have been different.
    Quantity days are over this time maybe for ever thanks to the bunkers

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Wanted to do a meat trip before sea bass season closed.

Left the dock Saturday morning around 2am and chunked until 5:30am. Slow pick of bass from 31" to 45".

We caught another deformed bass, this one missing most of its gill plate and still put up a great fight.

Pickup up anchor and made the run to the sea bass grounds in the swells & fog.

We got our sea bass limit on jigs and ran back to the dock before the rain storms moved through.

Had a thresher steal one of our sea bass right next to the boat...had him hooked for a minute until he cut through the line.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

3.jpg   4.jpg  

5.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Quantity days are over this time maybe for ever thanks to the bunkers
    I think you're right. They saved the bunker but not the stripers. And that beach replenishment just put the nail in the coffin.