Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports june 2017 www.stripersandanglers.com

Default NJ fishing reports june 2017 www.stripersandanglers.com

Fished CMC this am 4-5:30 on the outgoing tide. Water seems to be getting better. One striper 26 incher, and 2 blues on a bottle plug.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Water was too cold for summer spearing they like 60 and above
    I thought that odd as well. Have fished a few areas in the surf in the last month and have not found a one.

Spawn is over in the hudson. We are starting to get some decent fish in the lower bay. Lots of waiting and hoping. Should ramp up in the next few weeks.

Walked some back bay sedges last night on the incoming tide. 2 short bass and a few blues different sizes, plugging.

It's a start, conditions sucked for crabbing (from Monday).

Raining and windy with a super high tide but very promising for next trip out...I can already tell it will be a crab slaughter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 18891600_433336783705494_7678032250387154725_o.jpg  

Cooler o crabs, nice haul!

Nice going on the crabbing, wondering if you got them in the day or night time?

Fished moco in the front 5-7-AM. 2 feisty blues on a bucktail. Got them in a 5 minute period. Nothing more before or after.

2 bass and numerous blues to 12# pound this AM

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice, fished just the sunrise before all the traffic. Got a few blues in the park. End of the cast on metal. Lots of spearing in the water.

Went out this morning with Elias, Ken and Rick on a bass trolling trip.

We landed five bass with the smallest of the day being in the mid 30# range and biggest of the day going 54# on a boga. The other three bass were all solid 40# class fish. ALL bass were safely released!

The 54# bass along with two others came on white & chartreuse Spoon Fed bunker spoons. The other two fish were caught on Mojos.

Switched over to sea bass in the afternoon and I decided to try some spots in closer to the beach because of the high winds. Sea Bass fishing was mediocre at best. 30 to 1 keeper ratio.

Seen the triple outboard Contender who ran way up the beach at Sandy Hook - I wonder if any of the nesting piping plovers were hurt?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

3.jpg   4.jpg  

5.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6.jpg   7.jpg  

8.jpg   9.jpg  

Dude you are on fire your catches run circles around johnny bucktails congrats! Congrats on the releases as well.

Fished near an inlet this morning. Prrfect conditions only 3 blues on metal.

This AM got the blues where the water goes in and out

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Started at 5am in moco, got nada. Then went down to OC hit up some blues right before the park on 2 oz crocodiles. Finished at 6:30 just enough time to get to work. Lot of travelling for a few bluefish.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Went out this morning with Elias, Ken and Rick on a bass trolling trip.

We landed five bass with the smallest of the day being in the mid 30# range and biggest of the day going 54# on a boga. The other three bass were all solid 40# class fish. ALL bass were safely released!

The 54# bass along with two others came on white & chartreuse Spoon Fed bunker spoons. The other two fish were caught on Mojos.

Switched over to sea bass in the afternoon and I decided to try some spots in closer to the beach because of the high winds. Sea Bass fishing was mediocre at best. 30 to 1 keeper ratio.

Seen the triple outboard Contender who ran way up the beach at Sandy Hook - I wonder if any of the nesting piping plovers were hurt?
    You are absolutely crushing it congratulations on the large and the releases.

Nice going guys. Cape may fishing has dried up for me other than the usual suspects trash fish. May take a ride further north closer to the weekend.

Good job.

Went out yesterday morning looking to repeat some of Saturdays magic. Overall a slow day and we had to work hard for every bite. We ended up the day with a 26#, 31#, and 35#.

We had an absolutely savage hit on a green & white Spoon Fed bunker spoon that peeled drag for a good minute or two before coming loose. We reeled in the line to find a mangled split ring and slightly deformed hook.

The first thing I did was check the drag setting and it was perfect...and before somebody comments that it was bottom...we were fishing this spoon 25ft under the surface in 65ft of water so definitely not the bottom!

I am at a loss for words on how this happened. The Spoon Fed spoons definitely use quality hardware (I use the exact same split rings in smaller sizes on all my lures and never had an issue).

I am guessing this was a thresher (hook never penetrated through the tough skin?) or a big bass that got hooked in a strange manner and somehow managed to apply leverage to the hook.

The highlight of the day was a 35# and 26# double header on the same rod (tandem mojos).

The third fish (31#) hit the all white spoon which has been red-hot for us this year.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

3.jpg   4.jpg  

5.jpg  

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast