Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NJ fishing reports for August 2017 www.stripersandanglers.com

On Sunday I took out three first time fishers/boaters.

The weather was so nice I wanted to do a little combo trip in the ocean consisting of blackfish/sea bass/triggerfish and porgies.

Ran out front and the beginning of the long period hurricane swells got them all sick before we even dropped anchor.

Ran back into Raritan Bay settling for porgies.

Drop and reel fishing for 1.5hrs and then the puking started again so I decided to call it a day.

Still managed 80+ fishing on a 10" size limit.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20170813_114646.jpg   IMG_20170813_100351 (1).jpg  

Three of us headed out early this morning.

Started of by porgy fishing being selective on what we kept. Fished on a voluntary 11" size w/20 porgy per person. Took longer than expected; there wasn't as many big porgies on this piece as we have been seeing recently.

Buddy had 5 weakfish anchored less than 20ft away.

Nice surprise blackfish on a porgy rig.

Switched over to fluke which was hot from 10:30 - 1pm until the tide changed and it became wind against tide. Called it a day around 2pm after drifting for over an hour without a hit trying to finish off our limit.

Peanut bunker was the hot ticket today - no takers on gulp.

Never left the bay!

Your fish photo's have to be the most organized I have seen posted. Very nice looking and congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Ugh...I have a feeling we will get screwed on fall sea bass.

A little on the slower side today but still big filet bags and even bigger smiles all around!

Oh boy did the sarcasm ran deep on today's trip - a ton of laughter all around which sometimes reminds you its not always about "catching" and more about just getting out there.
    Thanks for sharing. I was wondering in the triggerfish pic, how you scraped all that skin off?

Fished OC last night into sunset. Lots of skeeters and flies caught and feasted on me. Did manage a few short fluke. And one small cocktail blue.

Headed to the mid-shore tuna grounds yesterday about 40-50miles out on a friend's boat. A little bumpy ride out in some solid 4-5' tight swells.

Arrived to find a total False Albacore invasion with a handful of bonito, bluefish, and skipjack mixed in.

Final count was somewhere in the dozens of albies...Funny how they have no problem eating bigger baits with 130-170# leader in 100' of water but inshore everyone claims you need 10# fluro (I don't share the same opinion).

Kept some bonito to eat and a couple of albies to make swordfish baits out of. All fish were absolutely stuffed with small sand eels.

This morning 4 to 6 AM 9 bass all on jig and AA's white peanut size body also a lonely fluke

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice going. What is the AAs white peanut size body, if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Nice going. What is the AAs white peanut size body, if I may ask?
    they make 3 and 5 inch also biodegradable the picture is mean dine I used all white we have them on the Reel Seat website
    Here's a description and good pictures

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/AAs_S...age-AA5SB.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aa's shad.jpg  

Nice. just goes to show you you don't need big wood to catch.

Today 4 to 6:30 AM 5 bass and a fluke all on jig head and kettle creeks

Nice going. I have been steadily catching king fish in Cape May. Up until this week and the rough surf. I hope the storm doesn't mess things up too much.

Rough weekend for me, got to the boat Saturday morning only to discover on the ride out that the Port side motor wouldn't shift in/out of gear.

Decided to give it a shot locally in the bay w/just the other motor where we had good action past trip (only a few miles from the marina).

The action was slow, water was filthy, peanut bunker was everywhere.

Wind vs Tide....drift sucked and didn't want to make a run elsewhere on just the one motor.

Put some keepers on deck and back at the dock before noon.

I'll get my revenge on the flat ones this weekend...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20170827_142955.jpg  

"only" 4 keepers, some ppl would love to have that for a days catch. Good going.

Nice work dude! I fished sandy hook from 5-7. Couple short fluke and some sea robins, all she wrote.

Got some more kingfish yesterday after work. I am done with fishing till after labor day!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12