Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports for september 2017 www.stripersandanglers.com

Default NJ fishing reports for september 2017 www.stripersandanglers.com

Rough weekend for me, got to the boat Saturday morning only to discover on the ride out that the Port side motor wouldn't shift in/out of gear.

Decided to give it a shot locally in the bay w/just the other motor where we had good action past trip (only a few miles from the marina).

The action was slow, water was filthy, peanut bunker was everywhere.

Wind vs Tide....drift sucked and didn't want to make a run elsewhere on just the one motor.

Put some keepers on deck and back at the dock before noon.

I'll get my revenge on the flat ones this weekend...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20170827_142955.jpg  

"only" 4 keepers, some ppl would love to have that for a days catch. Good going.

Nice work dude! I fished sandy hook from 5-7. Couple short fluke and some sea robins, all she wrote.

Got some more kingfish yesterday after work. I am done with fishing till after labor day!

Well I figured it would give it an honest try in moco today because I thought the rain would keep the fishermen off the beach. I was right there were only a few surfers. Gave it my best. Rough surf and water still a little dirty but fishable. Got 2 flukes, both short. Sad the season is closing soon. I bet thats when we will start to see the big ones. Tight lines guys and girls.

Great reports as always guys! Braved the elements yesterday to get my fall run started...I gave up on fluke since I didn't get out much and the season sucked IMHO..So I'm on a strictly bass hunt now!!
    Hit a spot in Moco that has been good to me wind was hard E about 20.. water was big and a little stained which got worse as the morning went on and a nice period of pouring rain!!!..Poked around the wash by some structure and was finally rewarded for my efforts managed to pull 3 bass out of the wash 16-20in SP and mag got them missed/dropped a few others and snagged a short fluke lol...lets hope the fall is better than the fluke season was...

Nice going gents. Have not posted for a while, work and overtime. Blazin just a heads up that you might want to expand your range and include the back. There are more peanuts in the back than there have been in years. The fluke are feeding on them like crazy. Should be some decent blues and stripers as well. Will start fishing later on in the week. Full moon tides should be good.

Thanks for the heads up. Some buddies of mine had got into them late last week, and we got some nice keepers on Friday. I heard it is a zoo over there today. Peanut bunker worked the best for us

heard they got a few keepers from shore as well.

Had a great time on Waterproof Saturday.

5 Yellowfin tuna, 3 biggest all weighting between 68-69# each and 16 longfins. A big hammerhead took a chunk out of a YFT as we were reeling it in.

All lit up!

Boats going to need a good scrubbing...

They were feeding on bigger squid...this is the stomach contents from just the three bigger YFT alone.

Outstanding job. Heard about the insane bite but have not been able to make it out. Well done

Thank you sir, congrats on the catch.

That tuna in the 2nd pic has beautiful color. Must of taken it right after you reeled it in, thanks for sharing.

Thank you sir, congrats on the catch.

Wrapped up the 2017 fluke season on a positive note with a 4 man limit.

Fishing 5-10' of water within sight of my dock isn't my favorite kind of fishing but I'll take them anyway I can get them when I'm still down a motor...

Yep, still stuck on just one motor...holiday weekends suck for getting people to work, can't say I blame them. lol

No rush at this point, I don't think anyone is in a hurry to see more porgy dock shots.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

Man you are living the life! Beaufiful tuna, can I ask how far out your were? Canyons or closer?

Nice going on the tuna JB. Sorry I haven't reported much. Been catching some fluke here and there. And a lot of small snappers. Biggest fluke came with live lining snappers and peanuts. Once in a while some bigger ones. Usually dawn or dusk, from the sand or a dock in back bay. It's a shame fluke is over, because there is a s*** ton of bait still around.

Good job jbarbosa thanks for the reports!

Wanted to try to find some fish on my own yesterday without report chasing. Went to the front in moco, most beaches were empty except the long branch area still seems to have a lot of tourists bc of the shops. Didn't like the swell in the ocean and had no luck after an hour, so went to the back. Saw a bunch of fish busting and birds. They were way too far out. Tossed a popper, few hits by snappers. Then downsized to small oo7 and started catching them. They were all small nothing bigger than 10".Hope some albies or big blues come in soon. I would really like to know what the fish busting farther out were.

They were probably small blues. Been seeing them all over, but nothing that big yet. Keep at it, things should turn on soon.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast