Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports for september 2017 www.stripersandanglers.com

Tks for the heads up, good to know.

Quick report, fished somoco this am. Bigger water, thought it might have sparked some migration blitzes and such with the mullet around. Tried bucktail and metal, skunk followed me home. I think its going to happen any day now, just have to be out there to get some. Good luck everyone.

Today 4 to 6AM 8 bass to 25" and a 24" fluke all on 4" white 360GT largo shad by storm and a 3/4 ounce shad head

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

25" fluke nice work there! Must have been close to 5#.

x2 on the fluke. Too bad the season is closed.

Fished moco in the back last night. decent tide and good weather. More bait than fish tho. Finally managed a few blues to 4# and a small weakfish on light bucktail.

We took a short afternoon cruise in raritan bay yesterday afternoon to iron out some steering issues. Cocktail blues all over the bay, hitting metal and small poppers. They appeared to be feeding on rainfish and peanut bunker.

Out Saturday looking for stripers & albies but was only able to find stripers & blues; water quality seemed really poor to me.

6 stripers for me and a couple for my buddy. I had mine on 4 & 6" swim shads...could have had more with smaller offerings/teasers.

A ton of small snappers (never seen this many around) chasing bait which would have made for some good fluking if the season was still open.

Small stripers stacked on an edge as if they were porgies...

Most of the blues were smaller but we did get two better ones, this one went 11#

Nice going! Good news about bigger blues, I thought there were only small ones around. Thanks for the report and pics.

I fished a popular spot in moco today from 6-7:30am. Small blues on metal right before sunrise. Once the sun came up I saw 2 small stripers caught. None by me though. Also saw one guy get an albie about 15 mins before I had to leave. He was throwing metal as well. There were a few guys there. Nothing for any of us after that until I left.

Tryed my luck at a back bay beach. Fished till the tide went all the way out. From dark on the small blues were hitting. Small poppers. They all seemed to be cookie cutter. Lots of bait around. Only a few dudes out.

Had the same luck you did LAS. Hit the ocean tonight at 7pm nada. Prob bad because it was close to low tide. Went to the back, stopped at a few places. Got into a mess of small bluefish on light oo7 metal. Almost every cast for awhile as the tide came in. But then I had to wade back to shore and it slowed down a bit. sooooo much bait in the water!

Picked up a few weakies last night, until I got mugged by some drunk boaters. Small spikes, small rubber. Good to see them in the mix. In the back.

Nice! My buddy has been catching a few in CM since sept 1. I tried, but seems the best bite is in the middle of the night. Tough for me. Thanks for the heads up though.

moco backbay 9 to 12 P incoming tide. Blues blues and more blues. These are all cookie cutters, small taylor blues. Did manage two around 6 lb but the rest were a lot smaller. Bait was all over and I had trouble getting into a routine at first. Finally started throwing a rattletrap and hooking up more regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Picked up a few weakies last night, until I got mugged by some drunk boaters. Small spikes, small rubber. Good to see them in the mix. In the back.
    Nice report thanks for the heads up, and good luck to you out there.

Fished occo yesterday right in the surf zone. Gave it a good effort for an hour before sunset. Lots of bait, was tossing metal bc heard there might be some albies. Nothing except a short fluke. Then went to a spot behind an inlet. Like everyone here is saying the back is loaded with bait everywhere and those pesky smaller blues. Picked up a few of them. Was hoping for a striper. May give it a go the next few nights. Too much bait not to try.

Good going gents. will try to get out tonight or tomorrow. Switch is about to go off!

Fun overnight canyon trip with a mixed bag of longfin & yellowfin tuna along with 18 mahi and 17 golden tilefish.

5 bass this am all on rubbaaaaaaaaaaaaa biggest 24"

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast