Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports for september 2017 www.stripersandanglers.com

Great job fc and jb thanks for sharing. jb all of those fish taken on chunks? see some nice mahi sandwiches there!

Nice going gents. Fished CM over the weekend. Surf is building, nada for me. Brought my board too, so caught some waves. Seems like the next week will be better for surfing than fishing. i got it covered either way.

Not a NJ report but still an absolute blast. *Done by 10:30...my arms couldn't take it any more.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170918_075625-1024x806.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	21148

Nice one, Salmon River?

Good job JB.

Have not had much to report. Lots of walks along the wet line. Not seeing much in terms of large predators. Lots of snappers as mentioned. Lots of small bait and small fluke still feeding. I briefly saw albies break water one day last week. They surfaced and were far away the next time I saw them. Not many out fishing the front, just surfers. I like it that way, hopefully will have more to report soon.

Great efforts fellas. fished the back side of a place in moco last night. Shelter from the wind. Thought it would be epic. Only managed to raise a few snappers. Oh well at least it beat the skunk.

forgot to add, BEAUTIFUL salmon, dude. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah nice job on the salmon hunting. I'm thinking the mullet are really going to be moving after this weekend, hoping for some calmer seas and some good bites.

Fished the back of inlet area CM. Tons of small bait, only the small bluefish were biting and nipping. Found them hard to hook because they were so small. Caught the skunk. Frustrating.

Nice job. Haven't been out much. My bud from down the street has been out religiously. He claims the mullet are not really on the move yet and a lot are holding in the back bays. methinks that bodes well for when the large stripers and blues start showing up. fwiw, cause mostly now its smaller cocktail blues and tiny stripers.

this morning 4 bass to 23" and a 24" fluke all on Chartreuse AAT rubber and a 3/4 ounce head

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

My 3rd weekend in a row up there; going to make it 4 in a row?

Fishing was hot on Saturday and slow on Sunday.

Bonus steelhead on this trip.

Crowds aren't an issue if you're willing to hike a mile or two through the woods!

Sounds like an awesome trip. have to agree with you, would have walked through the woods. I would have done anything to get away from those crowds.

Two of us fished MoCo this afternoon in the back. Checked a few spots and saw peanut bunker in each spot. Last spot was loaded wth peanut bunker and we decided to fish there. It was hard to entice a hit with all the bait, but we each got a few two pound blues and one short bass. Fish were caught on swimming plugs and rubber shads.

jb awesome share and pics. I agree with what pc said. Would not want to fish where it was that crowded. You have 2 lines of fishermen there. What happens if someone gets tangled up with 3 other guys? You have to have a warrior mentality to deal with that. BTW, nice fish!

fishrich I had the same frustration last night. Fished moco in the back. There was so much bait around. Blues were periodically busting, far out. Could not get a hit for over an hour. Finally managed some action when the tide started coming in, and tossing a small rattletrap and jigging it while retrieving. For all the internet bravado guys saying how easy it is to catch bluefish, these were not easy fish for sure with all the bait. Felt lucky to be able to land 3, lost a few others.

Three of us fished MoCo in the back from 2:30 pm till dark in a few different spots. A slow pick in all spots. Not as much peanut bunker or fish as earlier in the week, but we managed to catch a few blues up to 4 pounds, a couple short bass and a keeper fluke that we couldn't keep. Fish preferred rubber shads today.

nice going gents. Heard some of you were looking for false albacore and bonito. They have been a few miles off, got into them yesterday.

Thanks for the heads up capt. Lots of small bait in the surf, looks like rainfish and spearing. Been getting snapper blues for the last 2 days near the park. Ava 007s doing the trick. Heard some whispers of albies but haven't seen any in the surf zone yet. Strange year.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast