Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Oct 2017 www.stripersandanglers.com

Jb you should start your own fishing show on YouTube! I would def subscribe, congrats.

Went out last night but the harsh wind got the best of me. Made 2 stops, caught the skunk. Nice going hook looks like persistence paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    So in the spirit of constantly exploring different fisheries...we went sharking last Saturday.

Had enough blue shark activity in the slick to keep you from falling asleep and Ken even landed one on a fluke rod...lol

While we were trying to unhook that one we hooked a decent mako near the boat that ended up going airborne twice before the hook pulled.

Time to switch over to what we do best...stripers

Fantastic pic and report thanks for sharing.

Great reports gentlemen. Have been giving it a go every 2 days lately depending on the weather. The surf has been pretty big which has hampered my efforts. One morning a few days ago got into a nice mess of blues to 3lbs. All on metal. Another morning I thought I saw several schools of albies moving north. They were moving very fast and not in casting range. Other than that it's been slim pickings. Hope the new moon coming up next week will spur some action.

This morning 4 to 6:30 am 7 bass 14 to 23" all on GT 360 and lead head

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

This morning 4 to 6:30 am 11 bass 14 to 22" all on 4 inch Fin-s fish and jig head

This morning 4 to 6:30 am 12 bass 13 to 24 all on 5 inch Fin-s fish and jig head

Few more albies this week in the afternoons, trying to stay away from the crowded places. They showed up off Seaside this morning but I had to work. Catch em up guys good luck.

Nice going on the bass FC. Seems like you have been pretty consistent lately.

Had some good albie fishing on Saturday (did I ever mention that I dislike albies?)...we each landed a couple fish before switching over to bass/blues.

We had great action on big bluefish and 10-15# bass on eels until we ran out of eels (45 minutes). Switched over to using EliasV shads on the same 3-way rig and were catching just as good until the tide slowed down.

Saturday's damage, $183 in gas, $20 in eels, and a couple dozen EliasV shads!

Sunday the fishing sucked. Hard South wind vs tide...we had no drift in the spot that has been holding fish. Only a couple bluefish and a bass to show for our efforts. Hit up a few spots on the way back to the marina but were only able to pull a 19" fluke (released).

4 to 6:30 AM 5 bass to 24"

You know what sunset pictures mean...

Skunking for us last night

Hey at least you tried. You can't catch em from the couch right? Thanks for the reports, I appreciate seeing you post the good with the bad, good honesty.

Nice going on the catching, fellas. I haven't been doing that great lately. I went to the seaside /Island Beach area after work yesterday. Tried to get some action before dark. It was crazy I saw one guy catch an Albee, and there was nothing else caught where he was. Then that died down and I moved somewhere else and saw lots of fish busting just out of casting range. Even saw a whale out there. Casted like 400 times, total skunk. But at least you know there's bait around at least it's hope. And it's October!

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    You know what sunset pictures mean...

Skunking for us last night

Sunrise sunset, same deal, so true. Focus on the scenery not the skunk. Nice job at least you tried. Always enjoy the reports keep them coming, thanks.

Hit island beach for a quick hour before work today. Tide was right but seemed fish where I was were out of reach, 2 casts off the beach, like hooked said. Will try later on, more fish are moving through.

Moco last night in the front. Nice night out there, only one short striper on bucktail. Hit right in the wash. Then went to the back, few hits and misses. Pretty spotty. Nothing landed. Nice night to be out there.

Same old story for the past week for me. Lots of bait, small Snappers, and a few Albie's here in there. No stripes for me despite enticing fall conditions.

This morning 4 to 6:30 am 4 bass 14 to 20" all on white GT 360 and lead head

Some up and down fishing over the weekend as to be expected with a beautiful weekend in mid-October. Didn't want to bass fish knowing too many people would be out to put the fish down...definitely made the right call looking back on the reports.

Ran into the best Albie action I have seen this year on Saturday for a brief 30 minutes with fish busting the surface on rain bait, mullet and peanuts as far as I could see. The crowds got out of control and put the fish down as expected for a weekend...

We had great porgy fishing keeping roughly 100 between five guys and released another 100+ keepers. Found a slow tog bite and I stupidly released most of the boat's smaller keepers expecting to get better roasters as the day went on which never happened *dumb move*. "A bird in the hand..."

Ran into some bass right in the surf but had to get right in the surf zone on the beach - luckily nobody was there surfcasting. lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast