Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Oct 2017 www.stripersandanglers.com

This morning 4 to 6:30 am 3 bass 16 to 20" all on Fin-s fish Arkansas shiner

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

FC you have been pretty good, I have gotten a few skunks lately myself. Went out in moco last night. The surf in the front was dirty and big, got skunked again. After that I went to the back and threw a swim shad around for an hour. Was rewarded with a 22 incher striped bass. Nothing else. Seems like the bigger fish are all getting caught by the boats. Very frustrating fall for me so far.

Fishing report, multiple nights. Got blanked last 2 times in a row. This is supposed to be prime season, what gives?

Wife's away visiting the fam so I had a little time to myself. Fished the park in the dark, dropping tide. Picked up a few runts on the sp. Lots of small bait in close every time I brought one in.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    FC you have been pretty good, I have gotten a few skunks lately myself. Went out in moco last night. The surf in the front was dirty and big, got skunked again. After that I went to the back and threw a swim shad around for an hour. Was rewarded with a 22 incher striped bass. Nothing else. Seems like the bigger fish are all getting caught by the boats. Very frustrating fall for me so far.
    Been in the back too

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Fished all over Raritan Bay yesterday in t-shirts, I'll take it for November

We landed north of 125 bass with the majority being shorts ranging from 12" to 24". We had 8 keepers on the day to 34"

We started the day off trolling around and went 0/4 on mojos and a few other missed hits. Felt like smaller fish that probably never got a good shot at the 9" shad so we switched over to casting smaller 6" shads & bucktails and that worked out well.

I don't usually fish a teaser from the boat but had one on my 8' avid so I went with it. Glad I did because I had 8 doubleheaders on the day myself including some of the keepers.

EliasV shads on a jig head or used as a trailer on a bucktail worked best overall.

And sometimes the teaser catches the bigger fish

Not sure what caused this top fish to bleed like crazy, it was hooked cleanly in the top of the mouth with a bucktail.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123