Thread: NJ fishing reports for Nov 2017 www.stripersandanglers.com

Hybrid View

The tides are great with this moon....the fishing not so much. Moco 6-8am. Me and about 30 other guys. Tough NE winds could only throw bucktails. Got one 24" at 6:30. Only saw 2 others caught up until I left.

Fished the back MC last night.Picked up a few, smallish to 29", released. Magdarters for some, BT for the 29". As said the moon tide was strong. Had to move around.

Great to hear some are around. I tried the ocean near a surfing beach yesterday. Big waves, dirty and brown water. The surfers were happy but none of the fishermen I talked to were. We ALL got the skunk. Can't wait for the baitfish to start the move in the surf line, maybe after this weekend.

Yeah I been reading about these cows being caught but seen none near where I have been fishing. Checked out some different waters ocean county from 7 to 8:30 this AM. Top of the incoming tide. Zilch. Rough surf looked like the perfect fall run basswater. Someone forgot to tell the bass.

I walked the surfline in monmouth for some cardio and a few casts today. Right around sunrise. The SE winds were pretty stiff. Was tossing heavier bucktail, nothing for me. Will be back again this week when the winds shift.

3to 6 AM 3 bass all on fin-s

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Made a quick run to fish the front of the park at sunrise today before work. Water still a little dirty, S wind, but not terrible. Skunk. Did see some bait in the water and far out. It's prob going to go off when I'm working today, story of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by baitstealer View Post
    We ALL got the skunk. Can't wait for the baitfish to start the move in the surf line, maybe after this weekend.
    After this weekend the winds will be shifting to a more north. Will drop the temperatures a lot faster. This should spur some bait movement from the bay areas.