Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports for Nov 2017 www.stripersandanglers.com

Same old story for the past week for me. Lots of bait, small Snappers, and a few Albie's here in there. No stripes for me despite enticing fall conditions.

This morning 4 to 6:30 am 4 bass 14 to 20" all on white GT 360 and lead head

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Some up and down fishing over the weekend as to be expected with a beautiful weekend in mid-October. Didn't want to bass fish knowing too many people would be out to put the fish down...definitely made the right call looking back on the reports.

Ran into the best Albie action I have seen this year on Saturday for a brief 30 minutes with fish busting the surface on rain bait, mullet and peanuts as far as I could see. The crowds got out of control and put the fish down as expected for a weekend...

We had great porgy fishing keeping roughly 100 between five guys and released another 100+ keepers. Found a slow tog bite and I stupidly released most of the boat's smaller keepers expecting to get better roasters as the day went on which never happened *dumb move*. "A bird in the hand..."

Ran into some bass right in the surf but had to get right in the surf zone on the beach - luckily nobody was there surfcasting. lol

This morning 4 to 6:30 am 3 bass 16 to 20" all on Fin-s fish Arkansas shiner

FC you have been pretty good, I have gotten a few skunks lately myself. Went out in moco last night. The surf in the front was dirty and big, got skunked again. After that I went to the back and threw a swim shad around for an hour. Was rewarded with a 22 incher striped bass. Nothing else. Seems like the bigger fish are all getting caught by the boats. Very frustrating fall for me so far.

Fishing report, multiple nights. Got blanked last 2 times in a row. This is supposed to be prime season, what gives?

Wife's away visiting the fam so I had a little time to myself. Fished the park in the dark, dropping tide. Picked up a few runts on the sp. Lots of small bait in close every time I brought one in.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    FC you have been pretty good, I have gotten a few skunks lately myself. Went out in moco last night. The surf in the front was dirty and big, got skunked again. After that I went to the back and threw a swim shad around for an hour. Was rewarded with a 22 incher striped bass. Nothing else. Seems like the bigger fish are all getting caught by the boats. Very frustrating fall for me so far.
    Been in the back too

Fished all over Raritan Bay yesterday in t-shirts, I'll take it for November

We landed north of 125 bass with the majority being shorts ranging from 12" to 24". We had 8 keepers on the day to 34"

We started the day off trolling around and went 0/4 on mojos and a few other missed hits. Felt like smaller fish that probably never got a good shot at the 9" shad so we switched over to casting smaller 6" shads & bucktails and that worked out well.

I don't usually fish a teaser from the boat but had one on my 8' avid so I went with it. Glad I did because I had 8 doubleheaders on the day myself including some of the keepers.

EliasV shads on a jig head or used as a trailer on a bucktail worked best overall.

And sometimes the teaser catches the bigger fish

Not sure what caused this top fish to bleed like crazy, it was hooked cleanly in the top of the mouth with a bucktail.

Nice haul dude. Yeah a lot of stripes finally showed up in the bay. Good pics thanks for sharing.

Forgot to post my report lol. Been getting into stripes last 2 nights in the rb. High tide has been best. Clams and bunker, got one 34 incher on a bunker head last night. Most of them were smaller. My crew and I picked up and released quite a few. Good to have the action.

Awesome to hear that guys! I fished moco surf 7-9pm yesterday, got the skunk. Conditions seemed awesome, no fish.

Finally! Fantastic news fellas. Tryed the ocean for a few yesterday skunk followed me home. Will start trying the back thanks for the heads up.

behind an inlet in OC Thu pm with the full moon blazing. 2 runts on a jig.

The tides are great with this moon....the fishing not so much. Moco 6-8am. Me and about 30 other guys. Tough NE winds could only throw bucktails. Got one 24" at 6:30. Only saw 2 others caught up until I left.

Fished the back MC last night.Picked up a few, smallish to 29", released. Magdarters for some, BT for the 29". As said the moon tide was strong. Had to move around.

Great to hear some are around. I tried the ocean near a surfing beach yesterday. Big waves, dirty and brown water. The surfers were happy but none of the fishermen I talked to were. We ALL got the skunk. Can't wait for the baitfish to start the move in the surf line, maybe after this weekend.

Yeah I been reading about these cows being caught but seen none near where I have been fishing. Checked out some different waters ocean county from 7 to 8:30 this AM. Top of the incoming tide. Zilch. Rough surf looked like the perfect fall run basswater. Someone forgot to tell the bass.

Quote Originally Posted by baitstealer View Post
    We ALL got the skunk. Can't wait for the baitfish to start the move in the surf line, maybe after this weekend.
    After this weekend the winds will be shifting to a more north. Will drop the temperatures a lot faster. This should spur some bait movement from the bay areas.

I walked the surfline in monmouth for some cardio and a few casts today. Right around sunrise. The SE winds were pretty stiff. Was tossing heavier bucktail, nothing for me. Will be back again this week when the winds shift.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast