Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports for Nov 2017 www.stripersandanglers.com

3to 6 AM 3 bass all on fin-s

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Made a quick run to fish the front of the park at sunrise today before work. Water still a little dirty, S wind, but not terrible. Skunk. Did see some bait in the water and far out. It's prob going to go off when I'm working today, story of my life.

3 to 6 AM 2 micro bass

Out on Sunday, couple keeper bass around 30-32" nothing to write home about after the action we had the prior trip..didn't grab any pics.

Did a little clamming for a homemade seafood paella and some stuffed clams on the half shell.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

3.jpg  

Verrrry nice! I was thinking about it getting a clam license, how much does one cost? Thank you

Ocean County surf this morning. I heard it was dirty, but it looked okay to me. Threw metal and bucktail for an hour 6 to 7 AM. Got two short stripers, one on metal, one on bucktail. These were tiny fish, biggest was 18 in

Nice haul JB

Lots o boats crushing the bass and they are doing well in delaware too. My cousin texted me some pics of ones he caught in the last few days, nothing giant, but some nice keepers. Seems like the fall run is passing the surf guys by, really sucks.

Hit a few places in moco before dark. Water cleaned up a bit, pulled 2 shorties on a shad. Didn't see much else going on. this fall sucks for me so far with the exception of some good albie action.

OC from 1 to 3a. Colder than a witches t*t and windy. Walked a nice beach with structure that has produced for me in the past. Skunk city for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    this fall sucks for me so far with the exception of some good albie action.
    Thanks for the honesty, feel the same. Thought it would be on by Halloween, guess not. Have to be in a boat to catch a decent striper.

Didn't do much better in moco today. Got 2 small bass right around 6:30 AM and all life died out within 5 minutes of the sun coming up despite a good amount of small bait around. Got mine on small shads fwiw.

JF I think you are right. I got friends in DE who are catching them too. Our NJ fall striper run seems like a bust so far.

I thought I would do better travelling so the last time I fished I went to lbi. fished last weekend from before sunrise to 10am. Tried plugs and rubber shads in the dark. Nada. Got one 23 incher on a clam. I know they are catching some nice stripers. A pic of 47 or 48 pounder was posted in the tackle shop I stopped at. Still it appears like the bite is very inconsistent. One day they catch a few and the next day sucks. Not so good a fall for me so far.

Cold as a witches t*t in the am. Spent 2 hours plugging, one striped one on yellow SP. Later on I took a ride up north and saw what looked like a normandy invasion of boats about 1/2-3 miles off the beach. Didnt see anyone in my area catch from the surf.

Even though boat fish don't count we had a 18 ,21 ,40 all weighed on boga and released never brought into boat to avoid stress

Nice going fin chaser. Glad to see you are still around and fishing. Tight lines to you sir.

Have not reported in a while. I've been fishing regularly, eight times in the past 2 weeks. Usually around sunrise or first light. A handful of small schoolies on bucktail and grub. I am striking out equally as much as I am catching. Not a lot of fish around unless you were on a boat chasing the bunker pods. My. 0.02.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Nice going fin chaser. Glad to see you are still around and fishing. Tight lines to you sir.
    Thank you

Nice going guys. Fished moco yesterday from 6 to 8pm. Must have missed the epic activity. Few guys on the beach told me about it. Seems like every boat in the world was there, beach loaded with surfcasters from the cell phone calls. Some big stripers caught. Not by me though lol. Managed 2 shorts on a mag-Darter. Nice evening out there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast