Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports for Nov 2017 www.stripersandanglers.com

After driving up and down the nj coast from island beach to sandy hook yesterday, got a few stripers to 22 pounds. They came in for a half hour and it was mayhem. All on rubber shads, released. There were 5 of us originally and after the cell phone dooshes were done calling in there buddies it was like opening day of trout season. No one wants to work for there fish anymore. Just waiting on the couch for the call from there hershey highway buddies.

I see your reports a lot and wanted to thank you for sharing. Congrats on the hard work looks like it paid off.

Ran around occo with everyone else yesterday. Stopped at a few beaches, lots of casts. Did hear of a few big stripers landed in the suds, but not many. Skunkola for me.

Nice going on the stripers JF. Well deserved.

Ocean county today 4-6pm. Right at high tide, Fished north of island beach, threw the bag. Fresh salt air was great, left smelling of skunk.

Thanks for the reports gents. Have been seeing pics of big stripers posted by the boats. It has been killing me. The earliest I can probably get out is Thur or Fri. Save some for me till then! Nice going jig!

Good job fellas thanks for the Intel.

I finally got a few stripers yesterday. Had been going pretty regularly. Sorry, not much to report and it's depressing when you go and get blanked. I went to mon County and got 2 to 20 in on a storm shad. It was white, but don't know if it made any difference because it was dark out. Glad to catch those two fish, hoping for some more this weekend. Tight lines

CMC 7-9 pm weds. Outgoing tide and big waves. I tossed a couple of offerings, not even a bump.

to day did the boat thing we had 5 bass 22 to 39# live lining with circle hooks not sang and drop all released unharmed

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Ive been out last two days like 10 hours a day into night many miles etc boy its miserable worked hard for small fish, some were reallll small its hilarious guys still argue stocks are strong its basically big fish and rats left this will be the worst surf season in many years without a hail mary miracle

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Ive been out last two days like 10 hours a day into night many miles etc boy its miserable worked hard for small fish, some were reallll small its hilarious guys still argue stocks are strong its basically big fish and rats left this will be the worst surf season in many years without a hail mary miracle
    What he said^^^^^

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Well allow me to join the disappointed surf fishing reports. Fished 6-10, best of the outgoing tide, 1 runt for the effort. Hit a shad, no other hits or misses. Totally agree with sharkheart and finchaser. Got friends who have been more successful than me, they fish every day tho. My Novembers in the past have been much better. Hoping for a Hail Mary push of fish.

Yeah from what I'm seeing the best bites have been in the afternoon, from 12 on. Don't understand how guys can be on the beach crowding it up or past the breakers in boats every weekday. Don't these dudes have jobs?

The friday weigh ins and pics were misleading, i ran from the hook to ortley and back to squan with all the stops in between saw 1 caught only for 200 guys or so and just when i mentally quit to i spied a school on an empty beach tighter then the other miles of happy bunker then it sprayed and i ran and locked position, went 2/4 in 4 casts. I was all alone when I hooked up, then 20 guys came walking out of no where. They must have had binoculars on and yes These fish have zero interest in sun up and sun down.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass 11-17.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	21368

Nice going dude. You must of hit that striper righ on the head with the bunker, congrats! Saw many snagging and dropping yesterday, not much caught from the surf.

Got out of work early yesterday, started in moco at 1pm ended in occo at 4pm. Fished a little bit at each beach and moved on. I saw a total of 5 short stripers caught in random places during the whole time, It looked like some guys on boats were catchin, but not a lot. At the last place in occo figured it was "the spot" because there were literally 450 other guys shoulder to shoulder on the beach. I found a place to edge in, lol. I was so desperate for one striper. Out of that clusterf*ck of surf guys, right before dark one guy got a striper that was about a 40 incher or bigger, snag and drop. I got nothing, and at dark everyone left. Still waiting for the epic fishing I been hearing about.

Congratulations to all who caught. I figured the afternoon wold be good. Only spent an hour fishing Monmouth County 4-5pm. From what other fishermen said the fish have been coming in and out. Well not by me. Guess you have to be right there at the exact moment with a snag hook. Well done anyway and I will try again.

Nice going gents! Finally caught some stripers yesterday was at a mo co spot and no one was catching. At dusk they started hitting shads. 10 minutes of short striper activity I ended up with 3 to 22". some other fellas caught as well. woo hoo should I call it epic? Not! lol!

Well I broke down and chased the reports yesterday. Fished ocean county 8-3 near island beach. about a thousand other people as well. Never saw so many people on the beach in November in my entire life except for that one thanksgiving weekend when the sandeels were here. Absolute madness. About every 3rd guy was saying he heard about the great fishing on fb. Got skunked and saw 4 other fish caught the whole day. Hope some of you did better than I did.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast