Thread: Fall Run 2017 thoughts are the fish passing by out of reach?

Hybrid View

Monster school of bass passing 7 miles off some of the boats got caught out there

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

bull ****, there's acres of smaller bass around Raritan Bay right now if your content jigging up smaller fish and bigger bass along the beaches on the bunker pods. Almost every pod I checked today had fish on it, some were well within surf casting range.

^^^^ Shirley you can't be serious.
    Betty and Nicks has been weighing in an average of one fish a day from the surf. with the exception of the last 2 days. If you think there are acres of stripers good for you dude, but thats from a boat. I live 10 mins from the water and my catches from the surf have been terrible this fall so far.

What the **** does living 10 minutes from the water have to do with catch rates?

I don't see anyone surf fishing anymore - just bitching on surf fishing sites about the good old days.

If everyone is on the couch waiting for the call who will make that call?

Well I'm not looking to get involved in any internet fights here JB. First I have to say I really enjoy reading your reports. It seems like you do the best you can to share without raising drama. It also seems like you are a good fisherman, I applaud you for that. However I wonder how old you actually are? I have been fishing for more than 60 years. The surf fishing is nothing like it used to be. As for sitting at home on the couch - I am fishing almost everyday because I live close to the water as well. However, not much to report lately. For example, I have been out 8 times in the last 2 weeks. Just a handful of small schoolies. Some people say they are not coming into the surf zone. I can assure you that there are less fish around. The late 80s and 90's were much better. It took almost 10 years for these fish to rebound from the overfishing. I don't know if you are old enough to remember that time or not. I can share that the number of fish is definitely down. And if we don't do something about it we will have another striped bass moratorium. I hope you don't take this the wrong way because I am sharing my decades of fishing with you. Have a good day.

Don't mean to take sides, have to agree with buckethead. JB you are like this area's most awesome fisherman. If a fish is in the water I believe you will catch it! Love your reports and the details! The striper numbers have to be down tho. I remember when I first joined here I did not know that much. You guys all helped me so now I know where to look for them. I have to say my fall has been mens a mens. Last fall, and the years around sandy were much better. One thing to think about JB. You have a boat so you can follow them into deeper water. Some of the time this year they were just out of reach. Different perspective. Just saying.

Can't agree with you on this JB beach fishing sucks and I do both

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again