Thread: Fall Run 2017 thoughts are the fish passing by out of reach?

Hybrid View

Default Fall Run 2017 thoughts are the fish passing by out of reach?

Wondering what some other guys are thinking and seeing. One member here said his family were catching stripers in Delaware already. Friends of mine are saying that too. Meanwhile you read about the epic fishing up in raritan bay and it seems like there is a lot of dead space. What are you guys seeing?

Monster school of bass passing 7 miles off some of the boats got caught out there

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

bull ****, there's acres of smaller bass around Raritan Bay right now if your content jigging up smaller fish and bigger bass along the beaches on the bunker pods. Almost every pod I checked today had fish on it, some were well within surf casting range.

^^^^ Shirley you can't be serious.
    Betty and Nicks has been weighing in an average of one fish a day from the surf. with the exception of the last 2 days. If you think there are acres of stripers good for you dude, but thats from a boat. I live 10 mins from the water and my catches from the surf have been terrible this fall so far.

What the **** does living 10 minutes from the water have to do with catch rates?

I don't see anyone surf fishing anymore - just bitching on surf fishing sites about the good old days.

If everyone is on the couch waiting for the call who will make that call?

Well I'm not looking to get involved in any internet fights here JB. First I have to say I really enjoy reading your reports. It seems like you do the best you can to share without raising drama. It also seems like you are a good fisherman, I applaud you for that. However I wonder how old you actually are? I have been fishing for more than 60 years. The surf fishing is nothing like it used to be. As for sitting at home on the couch - I am fishing almost everyday because I live close to the water as well. However, not much to report lately. For example, I have been out 8 times in the last 2 weeks. Just a handful of small schoolies. Some people say they are not coming into the surf zone. I can assure you that there are less fish around. The late 80s and 90's were much better. It took almost 10 years for these fish to rebound from the overfishing. I don't know if you are old enough to remember that time or not. I can share that the number of fish is definitely down. And if we don't do something about it we will have another striped bass moratorium. I hope you don't take this the wrong way because I am sharing my decades of fishing with you. Have a good day.