Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing reports - Winter 2017 through (February) 2018

Default NJ Fishing reports - Winter 2017 through (February) 2018

Three of us fished MoCo this afternoon. Was a slow pick of the small stripers most of the afternoon. Just before it got dark we had a good bite for the next 45 minutes. All fish caught on plugs. Mambo minnows and mega bites.

Nice going guys. Saw a lot of rainfish in close my last few trips. Way to match the hatch.

ok fishing yesterday. The weather was great. Like the other guys said it turned on right before dark. Got a few shorties on small rubber shad. Did hear some guys talking about sand eels but I didn't see a one! this was in moco.

Got into a flurry of decent activity in Mo co last night at sunset. Winds werent that bad, not too cold either. Small stripers, fair action with downsized gear. Rubber and lead, 1/2 oz.

Yeah it seems the final movement of the death rats is here. Had the same experience in monmouth county Sunday. Sunset and a little before. Great weather for it. Light tackle was using a 7 1/2' rod. Small plugs and shads seemed to work best for me. All little guys.

Got out in moco right before sun went down. A bunch of small stripe bass caught up and down the beach. No real blitz, more like a slow pick of small stripes. I was missing a lot till I downsized the plug to mag darter. got a handful. missed more than I landed.

Three of us fished MoCo this afternoon. First spot nothing. Checked a few other spots but with the blow-out tide there was not much water. Went to a spot that we have not fished this year and had a decent pick of the small stripers from 4 pm to 5:15 pm. All fish caught on mega bait plugs.

Good job. Yesterday I fished nomoco and got into a small flurry of activity right before dark. Mag darters were the ticket for me, one other guy was doing pretty well with a small bucktail. All small stripers, but fun just the same.

Thanks for keeping it honest guys. Will try to get out this weekend, been busy with work. Hope the artic freeze doesn't kill all the action. some is better than none, right?

Still getting some shorts here and there. Some days better than others. Mostly bucktail, have switched to small plugs as well when the occasion allows.

Nice!

It's not over till it's over. If you love dinks.

Plenty of those around right now. After tonight maybe not so much. Bay temps are hovering in low 40s.

Def true. I was hesitating about going out last night, glad I decided to try. Got a whole bunch of short stripers down in the OC area above Island Beach. The only slow part was low tide. Otherwise fairly decent action. All small stripers, missed a lot too. Stuck to mag darter and school bus bomber all night. Lots o fun.

Looks like I missed it again. You guys are hardcore, congrats!

Maybe they all moved south after the snow. Damn it's cold out tonight.

Three of us fished OC 12:30 - 5:30 this afternoon. Had a good bite for an hour right after the tide turned around. Didn't get another short striper till it almost got dark. Got a few more but the bite didn't last long. All fish caught on plugs.

BRRRRRR! Nice going, your gonads must have been like ice cubes.

Three of us fished 1:30 pm to 5:15 pm OC. From the first cast till it was almost dark we had a steady pick of small stripers on plugs and teasers. Moved around to a different cut every time we went ten minutes without a hit. The plugs that got the most attention were mambo minnows and mag darters.

Nice going fellas. Same for me. Took off from work early yesterday. Got over 25 stripers on rubber eel and teaser. Bunch of double headers as well. These are all small but every once in awhile you get a bigger one. Went back this afternoon when the snow started. Only lasted a half hour before i said Uncle. Stilll hitting. This snow might be the end though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast