Thread: NJ Fishing reports - Winter 2017 through (February) 2018

Hybrid View

Three of us fished OC 12:30 - 5:30 this afternoon. Had a good bite for an hour right after the tide turned around. Didn't get another short striper till it almost got dark. Got a few more but the bite didn't last long. All fish caught on plugs.

BRRRRRR! Nice going, your gonads must have been like ice cubes.

Three of us fished 1:30 pm to 5:15 pm OC. From the first cast till it was almost dark we had a steady pick of small stripers on plugs and teasers. Moved around to a different cut every time we went ten minutes without a hit. The plugs that got the most attention were mambo minnows and mag darters.

Nice going fellas. Same for me. Took off from work early yesterday. Got over 25 stripers on rubber eel and teaser. Bunch of double headers as well. These are all small but every once in awhile you get a bigger one. Went back this afternoon when the snow started. Only lasted a half hour before i said Uncle. Stilll hitting. This snow might be the end though.

Dudes great job! I planned to go but saw the snow coming down and punked out. Def hardcore!

Tried occo below ss pier this morning. I think i got there 2 late. Some guy walking off said he was into a few. All shorts.

Lots of small stripers yesterday before dark. Ocean County, tsunami eel did the trick.