Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NJ Fishing reports - Winter 2017 through (February) 2018

Dudes great job! I planned to go but saw the snow coming down and punked out. Def hardcore!

Tried occo below ss pier this morning. I think i got there 2 late. Some guy walking off said he was into a few. All shorts.

Lots of small stripers yesterday before dark. Ocean County, tsunami eel did the trick.

Sorry I have not reported in a while. The fishing has had its moments, but a lot of skunks in between. Things did heat up in the last week. I changed my fishing to the evenings. Caught over 20 each trip out on Sunday and Monday at the end of day. I have been doing okay with small bucktails and grubs on jig heads. Also when the conditions allow, I also throw small red fins. Slow retrieve works best, these fish are hitting pretty aggressively, along with some herring. Good luck everyone and Merry Christmas.

Thanks for the honest reports guys it gives me hope to see the good with the bad. Hit a moco beach this morning. Seemed pretty quiet and calm. Had one bump right at sunrise and that was it. Maybe will try closer to the dark next time. Tight lines.

xd I salute you guys getting out there. Been trying a few times lately. Seems the catching is over before I can get down to the beach. Good going.

Think the fat lady is finally warming up. Monmouth county from 6:30-8 today wishing for a christmas striper. Got the skunk. Seems a few are still around though. Was prob just out there at a bad time. I might be washing off the gear and calling it a season or maybe try for some herring if I go stir crazy. Tight lines and merry christmas everyone!

Don't know if many of you are fishing, because I have been out a few times and haven't seen anyone. I went out to the ocean yesterday afternoon because it was good weather. I managed one short striper on half ounce lead with curly white worm. Tight lines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12