Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: nj fishing reports march - april 2018

Default nj fishing reports march - april 2018

Hey hope you guys are all ok. Didn't see a reports thread yet so I started this one. The storm is over it's time to fish ladies and gents!

Been hitting a few since opening day. Nothing of size though. They are eating tapeworms, dug a bunch of fat ones before the snow. Have a few left in my refrigerator. Will report back when we find some bigger keeper size. Tight lines

Great news fellas. Buddy of mine has been fishing atlantic county back bays at night with bloods. Getting some stripers. They are there. Hope to get out this weekend.

Thank you for the reports. I am so sick of the snow! BeGone mother nature!

any of the guys who fish rb in the back, some of the public lots at cliffwood are now fenced in and closed after 7pm. Access up to then is ok but we rarely fish in the day. Stupid kids and partying, and the H problem had a lot to do with it. Shame.

Yeah the heroin problem is everywhere. Toms River and Seaside in the winter seem to be the heroin corridor. What a shame. Hope they can do more to stop these deaths.

Good for you guys. I'm not venturing out till mid April. Brrrrrrrrr!

^^Arent you the guy who ventures out to collect panties of college teeny boppers? Yeah sure you can delay fishing to hide from the cold but its not too cold to hunt land tuna in the winter. Ridiculous.

Back to the fishing reports. Got out last night after sundown, back in OC, towards the end of the outgoing. Water was cold but bearable. Picked up a few shorts. Black mag darter. Bait guys were doing OK as well with stripers and perch, better catch rate than me. Still, it was nice to pull a few and get some action. Brought my light rod. Catch them up fellas.

nice going

Cmon JF dude different strokes for different folks. Land tuna or tuna from the sea, it all smells fishy eventually!

Hah! I'm a poet and didn't even know it. Tight lines guys and gals.

I think you two should just get a room together. Back to fishing. Was out last night, picked up a few more short stripers. All on the mag darter. Slow retrieve.

^^^^^ haha agreed!

I knew it was cold and probably a waste but haven't been out in such a long time. Took myself to moco and hit some rocky areas to test out new pluggage and shake the doldrums. Saw some birds working way out, not that many though. Casted a bucktail, rubber, and SPs. Nada, fished from 3-5pm on the incoming tide. Still felt great to be out there. I think the water should warm up in the next 2 weeks and I will hit it soon. Next time will start in the back first. fnm thanks for the reports you got me motivated!

Nice going. There are shad in the Big D already for anyone who is interested. I haven't been fishing for them, but guys are getting them. We have a decent warming trend this week. Will try to get out there. Thank you for keeping it real.

I went fishing twice this week. Late afternoon in moco out front. nothing happening for me yet, the water is too cold and I don't feel like traipsing through the mud flats in the back. The ocean water was clean and promising, just a tad too cold. Tossing my early season bucktail with small white grub. I expect to be catching within the next week, at least a few small fish with stripes. No matter, it was still some nice trips and exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    I think you two should just get a room together.
    Snap! My thoughts as well. Can't we all just get along?

Will be out there this weekend poking the mud and grassy banks in the back. Thanks for the updates, Tight lines everyone.

Fished high tide in ocean county last nite. Water seemed pretty high with the full moon coming up. Caught the skunk. Good chance to get out there and make a few casts tho.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast