Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: nj fishing reports march - april 2018

Action in the back starting to get better. Yesterday's sun heated up the mud. The fog rolled in though last nite, it was eerie. Me and my crew had the water to ourselves. Picked up a bakers dozen between the 3 of us, all small. Clams and bloods. Might start digging some tapeworms with these extreme low tides.

Water temperatures on the upswing and the shad and small stripers have started to come into the Big D! Happy easter everyone!

Got out in the rb after easter dinner. Beautiful, a lil windy. got one short striped bass on clam. Seen a few others caught on worms. All shorts.

Nice going dudes have to keep hope alive after this snow. Should set things back at least a few days.

Perfect conditions right now.

Thanks guys may have some time to fish on thurs or fri. The tackle shops are reporting lots of small stripers gotten on clams and worms.

Bunch of fish caught yesterday in the early morning. We fished at night and only caught 2. Water temps dropped like a stone. You should time your trips for warmer water. That mud warmed water is key.

You guys should leave the striper diaper fish alone. I see guys stand all along the nuke plant waters every day. In another 2 weeks the bigger fish will be here. Not looking to cause an argument, just busting balls.

One of the key things is the air temperatures are warmer than the water, except for a few days recently. The warmup continues. Larger stripers should be right on schedule toward the end of april.

Lots of shorts this weekend. Still mostly small but they are getting bigger. A few keepers caught. Worms and tapeworms for us. DFW enforcement showed up too, wrote a few tickets.

Good deal, its about time!

Thanks for keeping it honest. I was so jealous when LH started catching numbers. I was out the next night with mag darter and sp, only one tiny striper. Then I saw you got skunked as well. You guys sure fish a heck of a lot. Gotta be in it to win it!

Good batch of stripers came thru yesterday out back. Pitched swimmers and small shad. Fish to 18 lbs chowing on bunker. At the end it was a madhouse with the crowd, left them biting. Going out again if a few minutes, good luck fellas.

Another spot last night, the first one was real crowded. managed some more, 14 lbs the largest. Swimmers.

Thanks JF and congrats. I must of just missed it. Got out yesterday from 8to10pm in the bay. Got two, my first keeper of the year a 30 incher and one smaller a 18 incher. Released the keeper because it was my first. Always release the first one and most of the others. Caught on yellow sp. Good luck this weekend guys.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Thanks JF and congrats. I must of just missed it. Got out yesterday from 8to10pm in the bay. Got two, my first keeper of the year a 30 incher and one smaller a 18 incher. Released the keeper because it was my first. Always release the first one and most of the others. Caught on yellow sp. Good luck this weekend guys.

Yellow is a good color, one of my faves. Keep at it, you will get more. Good bunch of fish around right now.

I have worked the ocean surf in moco most mornings. Been catching on and off. Today was better and got some stripers with sea lice to hit my white curly grub and 3/4 oz head. Lots of herring and gannets in the area. Seeing a few whales also. Glad to hear you guys in the back are doing ok. Too many crowds for me. I will keep up my morning walks in the surf.

buckethead I always enjoy your reports. No matter what happens in the world it seems like you are out there on the beach getting your exercise in away from the crowds. Best of health to you Sir!

Going to try for this weekend. prob will be crazy with the crowds, will try anyway and hope to have a report for you all.

We switched from clams n worms to bunker heads last night. Did ok, some nice keepers on the outgoing tide.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast