Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: nj fishing reports march - april 2018

Nice going! thanks for the heads up about bunker.

Gave it a try mon evening in the back from 6-7. Missed one hit, otherwise nada. Very windy!

Fished a bay area last night. Water was ice cold, zilch for me.

rb waaaay in the back. Pretty nice night out, casted some plugs and rubber. Managed one short a 26 incher, and missed a few, on a yellow sp. Water seemed a bit dirty. The guy next to me said it was a lot dirtier yesterday.

Solid week of fishing in the bay. Mostly around high tide. We caught some nice stripers to 31pounds when the bunker came in. Released most of the big girls, kept a few smaller ones for the table. Bunker heads, gotta be fresh and bloody.

^^^ Nice going you are on a winning streak!

Why do you guys in the raritan always get those monsters before anyone else?
    https://www.app.com/story/sports/out...rts/510123002/

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    ^^^ Nice going you are on a winning streak!
    Thank you. not that easy dude. Last night we were fishing hard, and only got one small striper on a chunk. Have to put the time in. we are out just about every night except if its raining or snowing.

Great job, love the good reports mixed in withe the skunks. I tryed somoco on monday. Water was ok, saw some birds picking. Maybe they were eating those small sand crabs. Used storm shads, bucktail, and a few lures including a sp. One hit that didn't come tight. Thanks for the reports guys the hits and misses give me hope.

Seems like I lost out on the great fishing. fb has exploded with pics of big stripers. Guessing that i should have been there yesterday lol.

I did fish yesterday, and the skunk followed me home!

I fished yesterday, the skunk stuck to me as well. Wind was killer.

Quote Originally Posted by porgy75 View Post
    Seems like I lost out on the great fishing. fb has exploded with pics of big stripers. Guessing that i should have been there yesterday lol.
    Sometimes yesterday is 2 or 3 days ago. Thats why they call it fishing and not catching. Thanks for the report. I gave it a try last night too. That NW wind was brutal. Only lasted 45 minutes. Shads and Sps, zippo.

A crapload of small fat schoolies right before sunset. OC, island beach area. They hit small yellow mambo minnow and teaser. Appeared to be rainfish in the surf also. Dolphins out beyond

fnm I saw the same thing for me the last 2 mornings. Have not been doing that well and all of a sudden the small fish started showing up. Sunrise, sunset, and change of tides have been good for me. Getting them on a 1/2 oz lead head with white curly grub tail. An early season favorite.

It seems like things are finally getting a little better. I got some last night. All little guys, still fun to catch. Blurple SP was the ticked for me in mon co. I found a very slow retrieve was the key to success for me.

^^ Similar experience. A few to 10#. Excruciatingly slow retrieve. MC in the back.

u guys cud use bunker too they are really hot for the bunker rite now. we bin doin good, bunker heads.

You are keeping me inspired fellas. Fished this morning so moco. Flat beach, not much life. One 16 incher on white shad. Nice morning.

Back bay lbi area last night. lots of bait, spearing everywhere. Only 1 under limit striper for me on a yellow bomber. The bait amounts were awesome. May try again tonight or early this week.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast