Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NJ fishing reports may - june 2018

Fish the park today 6 to 7 outgoing tide. One little runt on metal saved me from the skunk. Otherwise great conditions, crappy fishing.

Exactly what I was thinking last night! great out there, fishing was crappy! I fished moco with plugs and rubber shads from 7-10 till almost low tide. Got one hard hit on the sp minnow and I missed it! All these guys catching fish from the reports on the internet and social media. You couldn't tell it by my fishing lately. Saw one short striper caught and one average size blue. by guys using bait. Otherwise none of us on that beach were catching. Oh well there is always next time. Good luck this weekend everyone.

Fished my usual stretch of beach this morning. sunrise - 6:30, high water. 2 small stripers on jig and white grub. They seem to be feeding on the mole crabs, hit pretty close in the wash.

The same stretch of beach this morning. Fished 4-5am to beat the crowds. Managed 3 shorts this time, jig and white grub. As I was leaving saw lots of bunker offshore. Figured it might have brought some big stripers to the beach but it was not to be. Will take a few days off to avoid the crowds. Start fishing again after the weekend. Tight lines, be safe, and watch out for the drunk drivers.

Fished the incoming tide deep in the night in OC. Got a few blues, a few small stripes, and a barely legal fluke. All went back. Plugs and jigs. The incoming water seemed a lot cleaner than the outgoing, fwiw. Taking off tonight to avoid the googs and stoners.

Usual walk this morning. Crowds are gone. Managed one short on a bucktail and white grub. Water cleaned up, not bad to fish. Just not too many fish in the surf where I was.

Same incoming tide last night. Drizzle and fog not bad, actually thought it was quite promising. caught the skunk.

Thanks for sharing your reports dude, you seem to honestly report the good with the bad.

Been fishing the ac area a few times in the last 2 weeks. Took a break for the mem day weekend. About a week ago got into a nice mess of activity with morning stripers. Caught 2 keepers to 35 inches. Kept the smaller one it was about 31 inches. Belly filled with mole crabs and small 4-6 inch fish. Very fat for its size! Then once the sun came up it was good bluefish action. All on magnum bombers and sps. White was the best color for me. My last trip was 2 mornings ago. Got skunked, prob cause I got out there late. Did see one dude walking off with a giant striper, about a 46 incher. He said it was over 40 pounds. I believed it. SPs seem to be the killer plugs there, don't know why but they work.

Nice going guys. Have been slacking off. Out last night on the incoming tide. Thought for sure I was going to crush them, only managed one blue on a ss littleneck. Have been finding some dead stuff though. Will try again. Hope these noreaster rains stir things up a bit.

Lousy fishing continues in the back. Got one medium blue last night, chopped my rubber in half. Might try to fish a different part of the tide next time.

Fished so moco from 7-9 incoming tide. One short striper and a rocking robin on a bucktail. Jeez its june 1 the water should be teeming with fish! Can't remember the last time it was this lame. Might try again tomorrow or sunday it has to break open soon, right?

Sat and sun night fished the back waters of moco. Sat was a lot better. Some nice blues to 11pounds on small SPs. Sunday tried for a little bit with the rain. Smaller blues were there at the beginning but as it came down harder they vanished. In all fairness I only gave it an hour. Getting too old to fish in the rain for a few choppers. Hope the water clears up in the next 24 hours. It was clean before the storm.

Haven't reported in a long time. Been fishing NY harbor about 2 weeks ago we got some big *** blues on bunker. That kind of slowed down. Still getting stripes to 37 inchers, probably one or two a night. All on bunker heads. When we chunk it the blues and trash fish show up. Never caught so many dogfish in my life. They are def not endangered no more.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234