Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports may - june 2018

Went out front to nomoco yesterday afternoon around 1pm. It was dead. Water was beautiful and I felt like there had to be some fish coming in. Maybe just delusional thinking on my part. Came back about 3 hours later at 4pm. There was a bunch of guys catching blue fish and one or 2 small stripers. I don't know what kind of bait was in the water. Seemed like they were feeding on it though. Looked like very small bait to me. Got a few blue fish on a crocodile spoon. Once they hit they would go wild! Fun stuff and a good way to end my saturday with some fish caught.

Man that is such good news. Have been out of the loop for some time. Hoping to get out later today. good luck guys and girls!

Skunked last 2 nights in a row. back bay, lotto fish are leaving the area to make babies in the Hudson.

Nice going gents. Jigfreak you put in a lot of time fishing. When you skunk out it must be legit. I fished nomoco yesterday. It was a beautiful afternoon and the water wasn't that bad on the beach I fished. A few other guys, only a few fish caught. I was throwing a shad and caught 2 short stripes. Figured the blues will be in full effect soon, felt like I could sacrifice at least one shad to the sharp teeth. No blues for me though. I get to throw my shads another day.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Skunked last 2 nights in a row. back bay, lotto fish are leaving the area to make babies in the Hudson.

Thank you sir, enjoy your reports.

I skunked too. Sunday morning in moco ocean front. Should have tried the back. felt like more stripers would be in the ocean on the migrating trail. boy was I wrong. Not even a bluefish. Hope they get here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    lotto fish are leaving the area to make babies in the Hudson.
    Agreed. Have been doing well in da back. Notta for me last night.

Can't catch them from the couch!

Went to nomoco yesterday from 7-9. It was close to low tide. Some guys were out so far they could have been in kayaks lol. Saw a few blues caught. I was casting a tsunami talking popper. Had a blowup right before sunset. The fish did not come back. It was exciting though. Can't wait to get out again. Good luck guys.

Our best area has dried up, fished for the whole incoming tide Tues nite, skunk city. Moving east hoping for some better luck.

Quote Originally Posted by plugginpete View Post
    Can't catch them from the couch!
    Yep

A few short bass in the surf this morning between 6 and 7 a. Surf was a little turned up, but the fish were there. Got them on diamond jig with red tube
    It was very foggy. I did not go into the park but fished slightly above it.

Good job CC. Nice to see you posting again. I might be heading down that way this weekend, catch em up.

So moco in the back last night, I was too lazy to drive further north. Goose eggs. Some nice blue fish are out there, may hit the ocean later on after work

Clam chucker, thanks for the SS report, glad you got out fishing.

Heads up I have been getting short stripers an and few keepers last two mornings in a row before work. In the surf in OC area. Lots of rain fish around. Getting them on plugs, SP and darters.

Stayed local last night. Did pretty good on big blues and some bass out back in OC. Started with jigs, they tore the rubber up so went to plugging. Blues to 13 pounds, bass to 10 lbs. Stopped when the rain started. Good times.

Nice! thanks for sharing what worked.

I fished in rb, it seemed like the fish left from there. Next time will try the ocean.

Gave in to the hype and fished AC Thurs. Got some nice blues, best was around high tide. All on white SPs. Figured I would get there ahead of the crowds. This weekend will be a **it show.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast