Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports may - june 2018

Thanks for the intel. Some nice sbs are starting to show around cape may too. Bunker chunks mostly, friends got a few. Will try to get out this weekend and get one of my own.

Blues in the dark, in the park. Fished one hour before work this AM. They were hitting metal. Did not use a teaser, saw one guy getting blues on the teaser as well. Expensive way to waste teasers though.

Heard the striped bass are on the way to Cape Cod. they already are in LI, save some for us!

Heads up seems like it is a trolling bite now in the raritan. We were out this morning and got 7 stripers to 23 pounds trolling chartreuse mojos. Very picky otherwise. tried bait for the first hour at 5am and nothing.

Thanks for that capt. Glad to hear there are still some stripers. Some of the boat reports today were grumbling. Seems lots of little ones. A lot of the big ones have left our area.

I fished nomoco last night, all of the outgoing tide 5-10. One short striped bass on a white shad. Was really hoping for bluefish. Not even one chop of the rubber. Saw 2 blues caught by guys chunking bunker. Not much more action in that whole 5 hours.

Skunk for me last nite too. Went to the ocean in ocean county cause figured some big stripers might be running by. Water wasn't that bad. Looked very fishy. Not even a tap. Whats up with that?

Add me to the skunkaroo club. Reading a lot of reports of fish being caught in the ocean. Must be a bait thing. Tried so moco from 4-7 tonight. Little windy could only throw a bucktail. Zippo

Caught one short striper in moco Sun eve. Figured would try another area, went to OC in the back. Struck out. The water looked very good lots of bait around. May try again this week, great fishing weather.

We're fishing new spots now gents. Follow the bunker.

Thanks for that. I fished mo co from 4 to 6:30 this afternoon. The ocean was rough but lots of fishermen said they catch when it is blowing northeast and the waves are big. You couldn't prove that by me lol. Saw a few other guys out there. We all got squat. The water was beautiful though, trying to let the wife let me get back later in the week.

Stayed in my home waters tonight. Got some nice blues in OC surf to 12 lbs, bucktailed them with otter strips they work pretty good. Then at dark picked up a few bass, all shorts, one was exactly 28". Using one of those magnum bombers, herring and flash color. They hit pretty hard, ocean was nice and oxygenated.

Nice! So amped to hear about the blues, thanks.

I fished moco from 8-10:30. Right around high tide. A few minutes before dark saw some action way out there. Thought it might be blues smashing bunker because there were bunker around. None of us on the beach caught anything big. Had to settle for the shorties. Got a few, rubber tsunami shad. Others catching on plugs. surf not that bad. Incoming had weeds, outgoing did not.

found the blues yesterday above island beach. Seems like they were in a wide bunch of places, had a few friends get into them as well. Sps were good, other plugs worked. Catch em up guys.

After I saw all that bunker in the water yesterday I had to go back today and give it a try. Moco skunk in the rain.

fnm nice going seems like you were in the right place at the right time.

Yeah nice going men. Fished south monco at sunrise. Like some of you have said it really looked fishy. Got Bubkus, though. Guess I was just wishing for stripes or gators.

With all the recent rains have not been able to hit the ocean. Hitting the sods instead. Lots of blues and small bass near creek mouths in ol barney. Some larger stripes as well. Small mag darters and pink zooms with very light jig are getting it done for me.

Tryed the bay in monmouth county tonight. Decent conditions. I was casting a SP hoping for stripers or blues. Did manage to catch 4 blues to a 32 incher. That was after 2 hours of casting and missing! They were tough to catch. They would follow my lure in, and at the last second either swipe it or jump a bit out of the water. Then if they missed it they would turn away. Very frustrating!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast