Thread: NJ fishing reports july - august 2018

Hybrid View

Boat report. Fished for fluke yesterday. Started way in the back of the rb on the flood. Not much action, few postage stamp fluke. Tried the channels, etc. Not a lot going on. Did catch a feisty cow nose and a few doggies, plenty of sea robins as well. Threw a sea robin strip on the bottom half of the fluke rig and managed 2 keepers off of Earle. 19" and 20". Also got to see a whale feeding on bunker. That was nice.

Been finding some runt stripers in the back in OC at night. The caution to this is I don't go when there is no wind. the mosquitoes are brutal, as big as volkswagens. They are hitting fin s and soft plastics, small runts, biggest only 26 inchers.

Big as volkswagons, lol. For sure. You cant fish back there with a west wind. West for the pests!

Hit the moco shoreline tonight. Surf windy and dirty, skunkville.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    Big as volkswagons, lol. For sure. You cant fish back there with a west wind. West for the pests!
    NO WAY would I fish back there at night in the summer with those skeeters. Sandy hook is bad enough. You have some big balls, man!

Went out in the rain tonight. Surf side, tide was just starting to go out. Picked up a few small striper babies to 21". They hit at the beach lip. Bucktail dressed with otter tail. Lots of little bait in the surf. Also a few little nibbles. Maybe small fluke or kingfish.

no mo co 6-7am today. Water decent, some white water. Did not see monty out there though. bagged 2 runts in a space of 10 mins, otherwise just some short fluke

Summer doldrums for me. Got out yesterday afternoon between the rain. Water surprisingly clear. Managed a few short fluke, and a heck of a 5 sec drag pulling run with what I assume was a cow nose ray. So thankful it got off. Gulp chartreuse.