Thread: nj fishing reports september - december 2018

Default nj fishing reports september - december 2018

Well hope you guys are doing better than me! Got the skunk last night at SH after one bluefish biteoff on jig and rubber. Lots of bait in the water, hope the hurricane offshore doesn't mess things up too much.

Lotto small stripers last night. A few feisty blues. Rubber, in the back, 9-11 before the rain.

Two of us fished OC noon til 6:30pm. Caught a bunch of bluefish up to 2 pounds. All caught on mullet, had a good pick most of the day. Did not observe any bait the entire day.

Good going fellas. I fished oc in the back last night. The weather was kind of eerie. Did some walking, saw so much baitfish, and snappers feeding on them. finally managed a few schoolies up to 21 inches on a small popper.

Three of us fished MOCO outback. Found lots of bait, rainfish and bunker, but the only thing bothering them were snappers. Managed to scare up a couple small stripers to avoid the skunk.

I got into a nice mini blitz of blues last night. Was tossing a tsunami talking popper in the back bay behind sandy hook. Around sunset they started jumping. I'm thinking they were eating mullet. Did not see any bait tho just the fish jumping. Got almost a dozen. Up to 6 pounds. All blues.

Two of us fished OC 4pm to 7pm and caught a bunch of one to two pound bluefish. Most fish were caught on bait, but we did catch some on plugs the last hour we were there. Only bait we saw were a few schools of mullet go by.