Thread: Are we done here?

Default Are we done here?

Place is dead
    No more Finchaser or Rich
    Jersey guys don’t post anymore

If done, it was a good run, enjoyed the banter, fishing info and stories.
    Good group.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

LOL Ray........I'm not allowed to speak to you....did you forget the specific instructions you texted me?
    Maybe some others got the same vibe...I don't know....been a little busy lately...trying to survive...........

The internet sites...like this and a lot of others have fallen by the wayside.....
    A lot of people don't want to seem to want to learn...the old fashioned way....
    The internet fishing reporting as we know it.....is dead....Noreast....Bassbarn....Stripers247....Stripersu rf...StripersAndAnglers...are all casualties........They were ALL Good sites that have had their heyday......the only one left standing (where there is a ton of posting activity) is

SOL......and for the most part....**the guys/girls who ARE catching nice fish...have stopped reporting..(Even on SOL)..what's left is mostly guys who have started fishing in the last few years.....

(Some) of the new fishermen...care nothing about burning spots...losing access.....just jumping around from FB page to FB page to find where the bite is...instead of doing their own research......They see nothing wrong with posting Real time reports of a hot bite......even if it's in a residential area....

Social media dominates everything now......and it's a shame...but it's not even just FB...it's Instagram....Snapchat.. Youtube..there are so many newbies to the game (nothing wrong with that)......

Some of the biggest issues I see...is everyone who made it up to the CCC.....and caught a 40# bass on a lucky bite...on a Sebile Swimmer or pencil popper...(The ONLY magic artificials that catch fish,LOL) according to the new crowd of elite experts......who are desperately positioning themselves as the "Experts" of their generation.......without having paid many dues at all....MANY of these new Experts are blissfully unaware of how bad our striped bass fishery has become....

What's worse......too many.......just don't care....they are the most self-indulgent and Apathetic generation I have ever come across.....

**The one good thing I am proud of this site....we always tried to Raise Awareness...and present Honest Assessments of the Striped Bass Fishery...from REAL fishermen who were out there fishing...and not Scientists Extrapolating numbers..(there are years and years of posts documenting that).....

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

Trying to cut down on the long winded posts....LOL...if anyone reading this...thinks the guy behind the words is especially grumpy...you're absolutely right.....I'm in a sad mood today....and have stopped giving handouts...and fishing intel...to those to reach out to me just for that purpose....I caught a few hundred fish this year....some decent ones when everyone else went home for the night...but haven't been able to fish as much as I used to...not 1 of my fish.... has ended up on Social Media....and won't end up on Social media......
    My circle of trusted friends and family is now a lot smaller....

and forgive me, but I'm especially bummed today...because yesterday, Willy, who had become a personal friend and mentor to me.......one of the old school fishermen who really cared..One of THE strongest fighters for striped bass... that I know......passed on....

His death has given me a new energy that I didn't know I had...and given me a motivation.....to keep fighting to raise awareness about the Striped Bass Fishery and Shrinking Biomass....whether people like the facts I present or not......I will not be silenced....and will fight with my last breath.....in honor of Willy, whom would not give up the fight...until poor health took over......

That being said....
    There is a wealth of good conservation and biomass facts and anecdotes on this site.....
    This site has good SEO...and is still worth keeping going...(to me)

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

Anyone who cares about the bass.......And wants to learn....(we all had to start somewhere)..

Please join us on FB...small but growing group of good people, without the usual FB hostility and trolls...and fortunate enough to have Women and Kids posting...in a comfortable, laid back environment...

Surf Fishing 101 worldwide.....
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/SURF...G101Worldwide/

thanks to everyone for all your contributions over the years....We face some tough years ahead..with the Striped Bass Biomass decline...and losing access....anyone who understands that....and is looking for an Ally to get the word out...feel free to stop by....Tight lines, everyone.

Thank you, you made some good points. will check out the new site.

Might check it out if I ever decide to get back on fb

Thanks will check it out. Thanks for all the helpful posts you guys put out.

Haven't heard from Dark in ages

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Still here. Almost time to start catching.

Was a newbie on this site and haven't been around but thought to check in and this is the first thread I saw!

Really sad to see how nobody has learned from yesteryear's spotburning fiascos.

There is a bait shop in AC that BURNS every single fishable access point he can think of, with video and detailed directions.

He's also on a local radio program where he was bemoaning some good spots being shut down due to trash.

*totally clueless* on how he is part of the problem.

Ah well.

BTW another reason for me not posting is my inability to just get out and chase fish the past few years. Approaching retirement (I hope) and was hoping
    my workload would decrease leading up to it. Unfortunately every year the past *4* have been getting busier. But... it's all paying the bills, so there's that

Tight lines to all!

Really miss a bunch of the guys from this website...it was always one of the best ones around.

So sorry to hear about your loss DarkSkies (know it's some time ago now).

I'm new but I'm going through the content as we speak and a lot of my questions get answered in old posts, and I must say that I'm not replying to them because they are old and dusty (when you do that in other forums, people are like "hey, create a new post og let the old post be").

With that said.. I hope you'll keep the site up and running for some time :-) Thank you
    I love fishing all of the northern latitude fish - I share some of my experiences at my own blog.

haven't heard from DS sorry to hear of his loss, who did he lose

TTT in case anyone is interested....new Group is "SurfFishing101Worldwide" on FB. Tight lines, folks. https://www.facebook.com/groups/SURF...G101Worldwide/

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    TTT in case anyone is interested....new Group is "SurfFishing101Worldwide" on FB. Tight lines, folks. https://www.facebook.com/groups/SURF...G101Worldwide/
    Have to check it out one day. Till then Tight lines.
    I Live and Breath Fishing!!! It dont get any better..

Century Fishing
    AMSA 736
    Eastern Shore Anglers

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Place is dead
    No more Finchaser or Rich
    Jersey guys don?t post anymore

If done, it was a good run, enjoyed the banter, fishing info and stories.
    Good group.
    Guess so DS has seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Guess so DS has seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth

plop..........
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)