Thread: Lamiglass Question

Default Lamiglass Question

Am upgrading my surfcasting stuff. Want to buy new rod MH set up. Have been looking into Lamiglass. Anyone have suggestions?

My Lamiglass Rod broke in half about 5 weeks ago. They sent me a new one today. Great Customer service.

Default Lamiglass

The new Super Surfs are great. But exspensive.

I've built most and re wrapped and repaired many

In factory the best is Super Surf for build and quality components
    The 9' rated 1 to 4 great all around
    10 MHS great

If you want an ARRA have it built the factory ones are not built well and use cheap components. The Arra 1084 is great

Other great customs are the GSB series
    GSB120 L or M are by far the most versatile
    GSB 108 m

I listed both because you didn't state factory or custom

there is a blank conversion to factory chart on ther web site

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Default Lami

I have used the Lami GSB1081M blank the past 11 years for plugging, steady. Has never disappointed me and has provided many an exciting outings. Little stiff at the top being a 1M for pencils( I'm not that coordinated anyway, was used to an old S-glass for pencils).

I have used it for Bass/blues/Albies and naturally some 30 pound Cow Nose rays( they are tough when they bury themselves in the sand). I throw small 4" Rebels to 2 and a half plugs/metals.

This blank is light, tough and loads up easily. Just my suggestion.
    Reasonable blank price and provides years of service. When I find something I like I work it to the max.

I have the Super Surf SS101MS, rated 1-4 oz (ratings changed this year (3/4-3 oz)). Love the rod, throws and works Pencils 3.7 oz and can throw 1 oz plugs. I can drill pencils and metal directly into major wind with this rod. Light rod, can cast forever with it. I bought a custom rod that was supposed to be the same blank and ended up selling it as I liked the factory rod a lot more. Custom rod was stiffer, had 1 more guide.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)