Thread: Breathable waders, thoughts?

pinhead44 Guest

Default Breathable waders, thoughts?

Looking for reasonably priced pair of breathable waders, sick of sweating like a pig in this summer weather. Any feedback for mid-priced brands?

I own Snowbee's Classic. So far every time that I have worn my waders I have had completely dry feet at the end of the day – not a sign of condensation.

Default snowbee

Snowbee classic, around $200 or less depending where you get them. Can't beat the quality for the price.

Mine are LLBean, stocking foot, cost little over $100. They will replace them for any reason, excellent warranty.

Snowbee for me too, great quality, comfortable.

LL Bean, best warranty in the business.

ll bean

I have a pair of Orvis tailwater breathables, also an excellent warranty. A little pricey at around $350. I fish hard, and they have replaced mine with new pairs 3 times over the last 5 years. Great customer service.

Another vote for LL Bean.

Ran into Rich Swiss one night a few weeks ago. He recommended the Cabelas breathable, Alaskan guide series, around $160. I went to Cabelas a few days later and got a pair, along with the Cabelas wading boots.

One of the best gear purchases I ever made, thanks Swiss. It's a lot different being dry at night, instead of walking around in leaky neoprenes with one wet foot, having the feeling allnight like you pissed on your own leg.

Great waders, good guarantee. Just don't wear them on the jetties.

I have had a pair of Orvis breathables for years. Someone mentioned they are a little pricey, this is true. But they have the best guarantee in the business, no questions asked, no hassles.

had the hodgmans neoprene for the first 2 years i fished. they're ok, i still use them for climbing near rocks. last year i got a pair of proline breathables, about $120. i couldnt make all the "long walks" without them.

I wanted to mention that if you give them a light rinse off when you're done each time, they will last forever. It may not be necessary with all the great guarantees, but it works for me.

Default Snowbee update

A heads up, Snowbee I believe is going out of business.
    So the warranty may be useless. On the other hand, I have seen some 50% off sales.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Cabelas Three Forks. $65 shipped. Not the best quality but great price. A five dollar can of water proofing spray after a year and a half, for around the crotch are due to the cork grip friction, and they are fine for another 4 months so far.