Thread: Techniques -- Fishing a Sluggo, Hogy, or similar rubber Eel imitation

Hybrid View

Default Re: Techniques -- Fishing a Sluggo, Hogy, or similar rubber Eel imitation

Rigged a few Hogys today.
    The last 3 years I fished the 14" Hogy often. Its one of my favorites to fish now.

More of the Stripers caught this past year on Hogys were on the rear hook than years past.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Default Re: Techniques -- Fishing a Sluggo, Hogy, or similar rubber Eel imitation

That's a nice Bass There Monty.

I love Fishing the 7 to 9 inch Sluggos on 1 to 1 1/2 oz jig head slowly bouncing back to the beach. Also if you have strong current. Cast out up current let it sink and bounce it with a slow reel only keeping the line tight bass holding to structure will slam the sluggo

Nice fat striper, monty good job. Another way to use them is to attach a drail to a leader. Slow troll them with the drail giving you the desired depth. Don't do it when bluefish are around or you will go through a lot. Early or late season is best.

john skinner fishes a sluggo the man works everything he throws into a striped bass!

The colder the water is fish them slow. Got some nice bass this morning on rubber eels.

^^^^ I agree with that for cold water. In the summer when the sandeels move into the Cape we rip them across the water and they smash them. Of course the water is a lot warmer. Love the sluggo it will catch fish in many types of conditions.