Thread: Man dies in freak fishing accident

Hybrid View

Dumped a bucket of window sash weights on my head once when cleaning out a shed. They only fell a few inches, so I just had a headache. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Was going to say something about a brainless move, but I realized it would be in poor taste. Sad to see anyone die,RIP.

I don't know this guy, but played soccer sometimes with the others where the lightning was. I wish I or someone of his amigos could have taught him, he probably just started fishing. If he had known this, he wouldn't be dead now. Very very sad, and more for his family. Lo siento, rip.

Good point. People think fishing is an easy thing to learn. Sure it is, if you are in good shape and can mimic the actions of others. This shows that it's a good idea for new guys to try to get others to teach them. Not always possible, but a smart move considering rip currents, tides, etc. I don't think there was any way his friends could have foreseen this, though.

Too many fishermen hurt or killed this year. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

One in a million shot, prayers for the family.