Thread: Maytag air conditioners

Thumbs down Maytag air conditioners

Had a good year in 2005, and bought about 5 Maytag air condtioners to replace the dinosaurs some people in my family were using. 2 of the 5 crapped out completely after using for the last month of summer in 2005.

Since they were covered under warranty, we figured "no problem". Called the warranty repair. I have never gotten such a hard time from a warranty repair service. They were so bad that we had to write to Maytag corporate headquarters to get results. After coming to look at them, they took them away. We didn't get them back for 3 months.

This could be the fault of the warranty repair service, and maybe I should not have a beef with Maytag.

Maytag was one of the brands I grew up thinking as the best . Everyone remembers the Maytag repairman commercials.

When I had my Kenmore washing machine looked at, the tech told me that for a while, Maytag was made by Amana, or something like that. I understand there have been one or 2 changes in ownership and business strategy since then.

That doesn't matter to me as a consumer. All I wanted was a reliable air conditioner. The 2 models that failed were different Maytag models, so they can't say it was just a problem with one of their assembly centers. Will never buy Maytag again. I'll try to find those model #s if anyone is interested.

I had the same problem with a MayTag air conditioner. Also sent it for repair, still doesn't work!!

I went and dug up the model number to the magtag I had.

Model Number - MGQ10F2B-2 - don't buy this it sucks!

i am a service tec and i can tell u the new stuff is not as good as the old stuff