Thread: Stuck by hooks

Default Stuck by hooks

Was watching this video and almost puked. Anyone here ever get a hook stuck in them, how did you get it out?

That was a little sick, for posting that. Give him a lot of credit for being able to take that pain, especially by the eye. A long time ago when I worked as a mate on a friend's charter, some drunk guy got a hook lodged in his thumb up to the bone. Coast guard had to airlift him to the hospital.

I got a hook stuck in my leg one time after I went to set it and the fish threw it as I struck, right through my pants, about 1/2" in.

Hurt like a mother, but I knew the hospital would be an ordeal. So I yanked it out with my pliers, went to my truck where I kept the peroxide, doused that sucker with peroxide, put some band aids on it, and went back to fishing.

The bite was that good. Peroxide is a great thing to keep around, bubbles all the bad stuff out. Clean it later when you have time, but it has saved my *** many times on a job.

Wow When I was a little kid, my brother and I were fishing in a pond. He got a pickerel. I was helping him to get the hook out and it hooked into the flesh between his fingers, by the hand.

I ripped it out quick in a panic. We ran back to my Dad, and he cleaned it up, told us to be more careful. My brother wanted to go back fishing right away.

Quote Originally Posted by 7deadlyplugs View Post
    Was watching this video and almost puked.

Video like that and ya puked? Man up dude,there's lots worse out there:

They must have paid that chick some bucks!

Dude, do a search for videos under that topic, and hook suspension. It's completely real, she gets off on it.

If you wrap fishing line around the barb, sometimes you can yank it out by angling the barb back to where it entered. Have to do it quick, like flossing your teeth.

We were in the middle of a blitz on a jetty a few years ago. Guy wasn't paying attention to his back cast and hooked me in the shoulder with a plug.

Hook only went in maybe 1/8", the fabric from my raingear prevented it from going any deeper. Hurt pretty bad, and I just ripped it out right away. What got me more aggravated was he tore my raingear. Thankfully it was a cheap setup.

He felt bad and apologized over and over, but it was still a bonehead move. One of the reasons I now try to fish at night, and alone.

Looking at that video, I realize how lucky I have been to only have stuck myself a few times in my life, never past the barb.

Some of these stories are intense.

Intense pics too!

hanging by hooks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hanging by hooks.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    hanging by hooks
    Theres some wild people out there.