Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing pics

Hybrid View

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for March 2013.....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Someone got another keeper yesterday...sent this pic...
    34" and about 13-14#....nice fish.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 34 in 3-18-13 cropped.jpg  

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for March 2013.....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Someone I know sent this in. Fish was caught yesterday in the back.

Attachment 16743
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails keeper bass 3-21-13 cropped.jpg  

Default Re: The spirit of fishing

The pic below kind of symbolizes it for me.
    You can tell he's having a blast. The expression on his face says it all.

BTW this is Jordan, friend of sitemember xtremeVisions.....
    He's a Marine who lost his leg in the Middle East while serving our country.
    thanks for your service Jordan,
    Thanks for sending the pic Xtreme.

Attachment 16958
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whos the baddest on the block.jpg  

Default Re: NJ Fishing pics

How many of you would fish from this cliff?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fisherman on high jetty.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	16988

Bridge Kid finally gets his 50....52.2 to be exact.....
    On May 26 a friend of mine caught the fish of a lifetime....he did keep it and weigh in at a tackle shop...in case anyone wants to judge him, I got nightly reports from him.....he kept 4 of the smaller fish he caught for that 6 week period....maybe 8-10lbs...perfect eating size....

The rest of the following fish, were released., in his self-imposed rigorous standards to push himself as far as possible to finally achieve the goal of the 50....a fish that wasn't caught in a blitz, but sitting and waiting, night after night,,,,,mostly catching dogfish in the 90 times he was out there...

Name:	bridge kid 52.2 lb may 26 2013 cropped3..jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	17161

Name:	bridge kid 52.2 lb may 26 2013.jpg 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	17159

Name:	bridge kid 52.2 lb may 26 2013 cropped1.jpg 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	17160

In between that, he caught and released the following....
    44#
    32#
    Maybe 2 dozen or more fish 22-27#.....
    All released to swim another day.....

I can confirm this because I got a text each night he did well, and also got to hear about the miserable nights of rain and bad weather he was the only one on the beach.....He put everything in his life on hold to catch these fish....not many would sacrifice such a big part of their free time, for a chance at a trophy....or be willing to fish in all the crappy conditions he has been out in...not just the bluebird nights that everyone can handle....

All fish caught in the Cape May County area,,,,,several spots within as fish didn't always hit the same beach at night....

For anyone who thinks we are getting those fish in Monmouth or Ocean County...that bite has been over for about 10 days now and we should have seen those fish by now.....it's my belief that without more inshore forage other than bunker, many of those fish took the offshore route from Cape May to Montauk, as many others did....there is a tremendous amount of bass right now in the Northeast triangle,,,,MA, RI..to Montauk....

I honestly can't prove how many bass are still yet to come through NJ. but I think a fair estimate, is that 70% of the bass, are already past us and on to waters that contain more forage....

All pics courtesy of Bridge Kid......congrats on the fish of a lifetime...and the release of the others....you earned it bro!

Awesome report and story. Congrats to bridgekid!

Grats on the cow dude.

Frank and his 48.5 lb fish....
    Yes it was caught in a blitz...but the latest one lasted less than 20 minutes.....only a handful of fish were caught...and this was the biggest.....

He could have entered the Reel Seat contest with it....won a VS 200, or the CTS rod.....
    He could have entered the Berkeley Spring Tourney run around the same time.....Hundreds of $$ in prizes....
    There are still some tackle shops that have certificates of a few hundred $$ for the biggest Surf fish of the year....and this fish would have had a clear shot at #1......

Attachment 17190

He could have weighed it in for a video weigh in...
    or several tackle shops, and paraded it around on the internet......on every website and facebook surfcaster group out there.......

But some quick pics were taken. and he decided to put this big girl back in the water quickly.......

Outstanding job, Frank..........on the fish of a lifetime.....
    and the release........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 48.5lb fish released june 2013.jpg  

^^^^^^^^^^^

I was there for that, they blitzed 2-3 casts out sliding north, and stopped short of a cove , he was south which i got to as he landed it, was just a 3 random blind fish which is a little better then a blitz he had some big time prodding to weigh it in, someone said that thing must be 40 lbs, I said I think its close to 50, i thought it was toast but he kept reviving it and off it went. it actually broke the line as he grabbed it.

^ Glad to see you got in on that action, Shark......

June 13.......
    Big blues to 15#.....
    Bass to 14 #.....
    All released......
    Bass and blues on big swimmers....

Name:	IMGP3878 crop.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	17202

Name:	IMGP3874.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	17203

Name:	IMGP3876.jpg 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	17204

June 10.....Cownose ray, caught on a plug......

Name:	IMGP3844.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	17205Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP3845.jpg 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	17206

Some more trips from June 2013.....

June 15 AM trip....
    6 hour Monty mini marathon...
    Fishing was very slow for most of the night.
    1 short bass middle of the night on swimmer,

Some more activity around sunrise and up to 1 1/2 hours after...it was nice because the fish were more aggressive then, than they had been. Even managed a few on topwater, SS LN popper.

Totals:
    1 short bass,
    15 blues to 5#, blues hit swimmers and popper, would not hit metal.

June 16 AM trip
    5 hour Monty Mini Marathon

Got the blues....
    Some bluefish activity in the dark, swimmers.
    As opposed to the day before they would not hit top water....tried 3 separate times during the trip.
    Best action on swimmers....Half the fish came from the OFFC plug,

Name:	IMGP3893.jpg 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	17291

which is now trashed after catching over 30 bluefish...tail hook and back part of plug broke.....

One of the "larger" bluefish was caught on speedy's white swimmer...

Name:	IMGP3890.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	17290

The blues that morning were so small they were not pic worthy...half the size of the blues the day before

What was interesting was how picky and sluggish they were....light hits, if you missed it they would not come back....
    I missed so many fish it was embarassing.
    When the plug bite died they hit metal at varying retrieves until slack tide. Bite was dead after that.

Also hooked and landed 2 cownose rays, 8-10#...both on metal.

Name:	IMGP3903.jpg 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	17292

Total:
    14 blues to 3#.
    2 cownose rays.

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for July 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

thanks Jigfreak. Well I went out today inspite of having to get up early to be in manhattan. Oh well I guess I will just take the train in and get some rest. I fished Barnegat bay from 5pm to 8:30pm on the incoming tide. managed 1 23" flounder on a white bucktail with a white curly tail grub trailer.Attachment 17273Attachment 17274 the fish was released.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flounder (2).jpg   flounder (1).jpg  

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for August 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

Absolutely gorgeous night out yesterday. Hit LBI with my buddy Mike. Went north up into surf city area to wait for the fresh bunker to arrive at the bait shop. While we waited we went and threw a line in. I got to use my casting egg and my new spinfisher v for a little bit. No takers. Mike landed a cocktail blue on a bucktail tipped with gulp.
    Next time I am bringing my gulp! anyway- The target for tonight was shark so we headed to the baitshop got our bunker and headed about mid island. I think LBI should be renamed little wildwood. The beach is huge! although the exercise is good.
    Anyway- as people have reported, the spots are thick in the surf. I tried a king rig and fishbites for the first time. I am a believer my friends. As soon as that bait would hit the water they were on it. MIke loaded up his cooler with spots. I caught a few spots and 1 king.
    Something was chasing the spots because every once in a while they would jump out of the water fleeing something. I threw in some bunker. nothing. Live lined a spot, nothing.
    Mike got tired after the sun went down but he hung out till 11ish. I wanted to move to a new spot but I knew if I did I would loose Mike, so I waited. Mike called it a night and I moved to another spot that used to be a hole and is now a flat area. The water is under 6" deep for about 40 yards before you hit the surf.
    I have to be honest- I am chicken crap in the water after dark- so wading out in that skinny water was a little un nerving even though I knew what could possibly get me in that stuff...
    Well anyway, I managed to **** it up and wade out 'close' to the breaking surf and threw my bait out the furthest I could hoping to land in some good water. About 20 minutes goes by and my reel starts screaming. The fish feels decent. He took a couple of runs straight out so I felt it must be a shark. so after I tire him out I realize- hmm, I am not sure how big he his- the water is skinny for 40 yards...do I have to go get him??? in the water???
    So I keep pulling him in- I can just barely make him out with my headlamp, yup he is a shark. Not a very big one- estimated between 3 and 4 feet. probably closer to 4. I was able to pull him through the skinny water to get him up on the sand. Hook removal was easy. I took him out as far as I could in the scary skinny water afraid he was going to chase me back in, lol!
    He seemed to struggle trying to get back out so I overcame my little girl fear and went in to help him out. I grabbed him by the tail and took him out to deeper water.
    Don't you know that sucker came back in...just to stalk me. I did not think it was safe to go back in to cast out my next bait, lol!

OK, I know I went on way too long, but these are the things you think about to amuse yourself in the dead of night. Thanks for putting up with my ramblings!

Attachment 17369Attachment 17370Attachment 17371
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130802_225736.jpg   20130802_225508.jpg  

20130802_225433.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    I have to be honest- I am chicken crap in the water after dark- so wading out in that skinny water was a little un nerving even though I knew what could possibly get me in that stuff...
    Well anyway, I managed to **** it up and wade out 'close' to the breaking surf and threw my bait out the furthest I could hoping to land in some good water. About 20 minutes goes by and my reel starts screaming. The fish feels decent. He took a couple of runs straight out so I felt it must be a shark. so after I tire him out I realize- hmm, I am not sure how big he his- the water is skinny for 40 yards...do I have to go get him??? in the water???
    So I keep pulling him in- I can just barely make him out with my headlamp, yup he is a shark. Not a very big one- estimated between 3 and 4 feet. probably closer to 4. I was able to pull him through the skinny water to get him up on the sand. Hook removal was easy. I took him out as far as I could in the scary skinny water afraid he was going to chase me back in, lol!
    He seemed to struggle trying to get back out so I overcame my little girl fear and went in to help him out. I grabbed him by the tail and took him out to deeper water.
    Don't you know that sucker came back in...just to stalk me. I did not think it was safe to go back in to cast out my next bait, lol!

OK, I know I went on way too long, but these are the things you think about to amuse yourself in the dead of night. Thanks for putting up with my ramblings!

Attachment 17369Attachment 17370Attachment 17371
    Always enjoy your reports and your honesty rob. Felt like I was there as I was reading that. Thanks for sharing.

Fished this morning ocean side from 1:00 to 8:00.
    Picked up a shad on a teaser, then a decent Fluke on a loaded red fin, Sea Robin also on the loaded Red Fin.
    Also picked up 6 short stripers, biggest around 24 inches.
    Loaded Red Fin, white Hogy and feathered teaser (2 on each).
    And a double of blues (Howdy and feathered teaser).
    Last fish caught around 6:15.
    None of the fish were sluggish, was awesome seeing them crash the White Hogy.
    Had a few bumps and misses, covered at least a mile and half of beach, great time .
    Beautiful night, saw 4 shooting stars, ocean had small chop. Water and air were cool.

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Monty if there was an award for best surf fishing pics on the net I would vote for you to win it. Awesome reports and pics guys!

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    Monty if there was an award for best surf fishing pics on the net I would vote for you to win it. Awesome reports and pics guys!

x2 nice sunrise pic monty.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast