Thread: surf bag recommendations

Default surf bag recommendations

Surf bag recommendations, I'm looking for a decent bag. I know many of the guys I see have canyon bags. What are some of the favorite bags people use?

I want something that will last for a long time, and stand up to bad weather. Thanks

I have 2 bags, a canyon and a bronco, both great bags.

Like the canyon for conditions when I need a little more plug choices. Bronco when I am fishing late in the season and will mostly be targeting bass.

Bronco is a little more compact than the canyon, don't get tired of carrying it around all day.

Default Surf Bag

I'm looking for a new surf bag, mine finally fell apart after 3 years of wear. Anything good out there?

I am using this Bronco bag.
    It has the strap for over the shoulder or loops in the back, I put it on my belt. Decent amount of plugs can be carried.
    Have used Aquaskinz, BW, Surfcaster, Canyon and his is my favorite one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA270013.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	3071

Name:	PA270011.JPG 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	3072

Name:	PA270010.JPG 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	3073

Name:	PA270015.JPG 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	3074

Name:	PA270016.JPG 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	3075
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I have a canyon. The holders are made of a light weight clear plasitc. Has some side pockets but the bottom is falling apart. Too much use.

pinhead44 Guest

I have the aqua skinz.I think my next bag will be a bronco. They look like they're made Ram tough. Thanks for the recommendation.

Default surf bags.

I use the canyon surf bag had it for 10 years still going strong each year I rinse it off and spray some dry camp on it to repel the water.If you want to spend a lot of $$$ check out the aquaskinz or hunter bags.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    I use the canyon surf bag had it for 10 years still going strong each year I rinse it off and spray some dry camp on it to repel the water.If you want to spend a lot of $$$ check out the aquaskinz or hunter bags.
    Definitely have to agree with you on this. I know the other ones are fancier, but Canyon to me has been plain and simple, like a dog that you've had for a long time, reliable and loyal. My Canyon bag is beat to crap, and the plastic part is almost falling out of the canvas on the bottome where it has been worn and taken abuse time after time in the pounding surf and rocks.

I have to get a new bag soon, most likely it will be a Canyon. I'll be sad to retire the old bag. It hasnt let me down in good times and bad.

You can replace the tubes if the bottom is still in tact.If you need info on where to find them let me know.

Bronco is just what I need for walking the beaches, climbing rocks and getting in and out of the surf. I limit myself to six plugs, a half dozen tins and jigs and a jar of rind. Works for now.....

I have two Precision Paks. A 4 tube and a 10 tube. I also have a 6 tube Bronco and a POS Explorer bag. I like the Precision Pak bags better than the Bronco. I have had to rip hooks out of the top flap more than the Precision Paks and I have had the Bronco about two months as compared to a year for one PP bag and a season with the other.

The Explorer bag sometimes ends up as plug storage in my trunk but is mostly confined to a corner in the garage. I did buy it two and a half years ago for $5 from a Sports Authority clearance and it did serve me well but they tend to fall apart after some hard fishing. They may be good for someone who doesn't abuse their crap like I do as they are fairly inexpensive, even at full price.