Thread: hip waders

Default hip waders

Hey,
    I got douched today down at the hook. looking for a good pair of waiters can anyone recamend a brand or a store . and around the price i should pay. thanks
    Eric

I like LLBean breathable chest waders. They have the best guarantee out there. Break em, bust a seam,. whatever, send em back for a new pair.

(You wanted hip waders, but since the cold weather is comin, thought you might wanta check them out.)

I have a few pairs. The most durable I have are the Cabelas breathables. Like dogfish said, the chest waders will serve you better over the long run.

Where I was fishing this morning, hip waders would not have worked well. The waves were coming over the rocks.

If you can afford it, I would keep those for back bay wading in calm periods. Great for late night missions to search out bass and blues on the flats. Once you get the breathables, you may not want to wear the other ones again. You can expect to pay around $150-200 for a good pair of breathables, guaranteed forever.

Notices this is your first post. Welcome to the site. How did you do fishing yesterday, any luck?

I was wondering if you have a Cabelas by you? The ones by us are huge. great selection of hip waders, breathables, neoprenes. Good to try before you buy.

hausfire, you might want to try Effingers in Bound brook. One of the largest stores in the area, they have waders to fit every price range. Don't know how far away from there you live, but it you want a great selection and no pressure, there's no better place than Cabelas in Hamburg, Pa.

Here's the link, hope it's ok, joe.

http://www.cabelas.com/retail-2/reta...amburg_h.shtml

BTW, welcome

Cabelas breathables are the ones I use. I have the chest waders, wouldn't buy anything else.