Hey Joe, this is a c&p of threads I have been starting on the sites I belong to. Per your request, there is no mention of your site in it, just a direct link to Mike's site.

I did put in my e-mail in case any active duty soldiers in this area are up for a night of surf fishing.

Great idea, great site.

Just putting it out there in case anyone is interested. There are quite a few programs out there, but this guy started "Take a soldier fishing" back in 2001 and copyrighted it with the intention of making it onto a nationwide program.

The guy, Mike Nashif, is an active-duty soldier.

He runs this program as a national legally recognized charitable organization to connect people who want to take soldiers fishing with active-duty soldiers who are home on leave, or want to go fishing.

If anyone wants to join or register, or send a contribution, they can go to www.takeasoldierfishing.com

and check it out for yourself.

They have forums for each state. (When you get to that area, just click on your state, and let them know if you want to volunteer time or service taking soldiers fishing)

There are other programs around here that have developed and run with Mike's original idea, and that's cool. But I registered at Mike's site because he is a soldier helping fellow soldiers. He has had 2 active-duty deployments while he was trying to run this site, and it's amazing all the resources and support people have given him once they have seen what he's about.

As for me, I don't have a boat. But I can offer to take any active duty soldiers coming to the NJ area out for a night of surf-fishing. I can't promise any fish, but I will run your asses ragged at the most reliable spots I know and give you a decent shot at getting a fish.

Active soldiers can contact me at striperholic@yahoo.com if you have an interest.

Thanks to all the soldiers who are keeping our country safe every day, freedom isn't free.