Thread: Raingear, good and bad

Default Raingear, good and bad

Hurricane seasons here, looking for some mid priced raingear. Wouldn't mind hearing about some cheaper and more expensive stuff, tho. I have spent the last 3 years fishing in columbia top and pants, they just don't cut it any more. thanks all

I like my HH and Grundens. A little bulky if you are walking around a lot, but if so might want to get one high end pair as well. I always stay dry with HH.

Default so what is the best, worst, raingear?

I saw some of those breathables, I think Lami drytops, in a tackle shop. I can't afford $160 for a top. Any guys out here fish a lot and have another favorite that doesn't cost so much? Or should I just save up and get the lami?

Quote Originally Posted by nitestrikes View Post
    I like my HH and Grundens. A little bulky if you are walking around a lot, but if so might want to get one high end pair as well. I always stay dry with HH.
    ^ These are best for a boat. anywhere else, think about how much you move, and if restrictions will be a problem. Columbia makes some decent mid-priced gear. You can find some online sales, and you're good to go.

LL Bean is a good brand if you can spend more $$. And you can't beat their no hassle guarantee.

If you want a cheap pair walyworld had a few Stearns sets for $20. They don't come near the other ones, butn are better than the average. The thickness on the jackets and pants was like a double thickness. For $20 they're great for a spare.

Grundens for rain gear.Lami and aquaskinz if you want to spend the $$ for a dry top or you could checkout Cabelas or LL Bean.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    Grundens for rain gear.Lami and aquaskinz if you want to spend the $$ for a dry top or you could checkout Cabelas or LL Bean.
    I tried on the Lami drytop, man it felt great and sturdy. I think the place was selling them for $175 or $185. Maybe next year. If you fish M a lot you would need the drytop.

Yeah next year once the hype is over and something new comes along the price will drop.

Heard some good things about Calcutta raingear. Met a guy at Montauk who swears by em. I think you can get them in the $60-70 range, less if you shop around.

i got a dry top from nrs only 50 bux

For rain gear i use a Brigg pulover .

Dry top is A AS Raptor top $280 bills but bullet proof .

Mike