This was posted in the Pennsylvania Forums. I thought some here might have the same question.

I wanted to fish for shad and herring this year in the Delaware. Anywhere from Trenton to the water gap. Don't have a lot of experience with these fish. Anyone know when the runs usually start?

Folks, I was there this week. People have been catching fish for over a week already. The usual popular areas in the Trenton area have been producing for those using light jigs and shad darts. There are quite a few guys fishing, but few shad caught.

Herring are around, but not in great numbers yet. Once the herring run is in full swing, sabiki or sabiki style rigs are the best. You need a limber pole, and the ability to throw into or near the channel or areas of strong current if you are fishing from shore. Make sure you have your licenses clearly displayed. DFW is a frequent visitor to that area.

The best time is the top of the tide. If anyone is fishing the Trenton area, they are doing construction to make one of the popular areas more accessible. Unfortunately, gates may be locked during the weekend to protect the equipment.

Any members who need access to that area can pm me for further details.