Thread: Inspirational phrases or quotes

Hybrid View

Pretty deep, thanks.

Even when fishing is great, there are times when the fish aren't feeding, or you can't present well, or there are some reasons beyond what you're seing, why they aren't there.

But there are other times, when just a little more pushing, or perseverance, will yield success. Your job as a surfcaster is to learn to differentiate between these times, and push just a little more, when the opportunities present themselves....

Some Quotes that have helped me...maybe they can also help some folks here as well.....

1. Nothing worthwhile ever happens quickly and easily. You achieve only as you are determined to achieve... and as you keep at it until you have achieved.
    Robert H. Lauer

2. Opportunity... often it comes disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat.
    Napoleon Hill

3. That which we persist in doing becomes easier - not that the nature of the task has changed, but our ability to do has increased.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help with man with the wrong mental attitude.
    W.W. Ziege

5. A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
    Sir Winston Churchill

6, Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
    Theodore Roosevelt

8. The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.
    Dale Carnegie

9. The line between failure and success is so fine that we scarcely know when we pass it - so fine that we often are on the line and do not know it.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://www.swimpsychology.com/motivational_quotes.php3

I've said this a lot lately, thought I would lay it down in this thread....

"Fishing is the tonic that feeds the soul...."

@Copyright DarkSkies

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    an old time favorite
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I've said this a lot lately, thought I would lay it down in this thread....

"Fishing is the tonic that feeds the soul...."

Dark and Finchaser good stuff! Most liked the part about women having an expiration date, lol.