Thread: Best outdoors cell phone

Default Best outdoors cell phone

Had an overwhelming urge to not use common sense the other night. Lost my cell phone in the dark as I was wading out, car keys attached, not a good thing.

Came back 10 hours later in the daylight, low tide, found it in 1 foot of water after doing a grid search.

Sucker still works! Had been submerged in 1-3ft of salt water for 10 hrs. Put in a bag with rice just for precaution, but in this case might not have been needed. Verizon,heavy duty, around $120, these things are tough!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P 034.jpg  

After 10 hours it still worked? Must be some sort of high tech waterproof phone. Incredible!!

cmon dude i smell bs, salt breaks things down big time, whats the real story?

w4f, story is true, all you gotta do is ask my buddy who had to drive me home because of my stupid mistake. Dont know how I would have got home if we weren't fishin together that night, I had no backup plan.

I feel real embarassed, it's a little more involved than just losing that phone, but that's the only part of it I want to admit. I haven't made a stupid mistake like that ina long time.

It's no one's fault but my own, I deal with flood and ebb tides all the time. Should have known better.

When I lost the phone, it was pitch black, 1' of water, pretty big area. When I went back 10 hours later, it probably had as much as 3' of water covering it, thank God there was no strong current to bury it.

Phone supposedly has special seals, and is built to survive "water immersion". As you said, salt water is corrosive, way worse than regular water. But it was ok, a call came in 2 mins after I pulled it out of the water. But I didn't want to take any chances - brought it home, put in bag of rice for a day. Works now no problem.

Phone:Verizon G'zOne, Type V

About $110-$120 at verizon.

I drop my phone at least once a week when working, always getting it dirty, so I wanted this one to last.

They built a good phone, it passed the spaz test.

Thanks for the suggestion. Im due for for a new phone. Mine doesn't work half the time, I'll look into this model.

Quote Originally Posted by wish4fish View Post
    cmon dude i smell bs, salt breaks things down big time, whats the real story?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I feel real embarassed, it's a little more involved than just losing that phone, but that's the only part of it I want to admit. I haven't made a stupid mistake like that ina long time.

I think ya either peed on it by accident, or dropped it in the toilet, and you made up this whole story to CYA.

No, I kinda ruined my girlfriend's camera, lost it with the cell phone. Let's just say even though I found it later, it wasn't waterproof.

(Just a little embarassing, don't ya think?)

Guess it sux to be you, then. Don't sweat it, a bad day sober is better than a good day as a drunk.