Thread: Surfcasters mistake list

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Internet and cell phone fisherman

Man things have been so different since cell phones became a part of fishing!
    I remember when you could fish a blitz and it took a few hours for other guys to find out about it. Now it takes only minutes.

Taking photos when you catch the big ones that show the background or a pier, jetty. Etc. Dead give away even on piers as some pier are very different and recognizable.

^^ That's why I generally don't post pics. Too much trouble. Why make it easier for the lurkers? They are leeches sucking on the teat of society.

fishing for sharks or rays at night do not let the shark's mouth or ray's spike get near your feet! A guy posted this last week, ouch!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stingray spike.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	18859

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    ^^ That's why I generally don't post pics. Too much trouble. Why make it easier for the lurkers? They are leeches sucking on the teat of society.
    I try to be super careful about posting pictures but some guys make it real easy to know where they are fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
    fishing for sharks or rays at night do not let the shark's mouth or ray's spike get near your feet! A guy posted this last week, ouch!
    Ouch is right.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    ^^ Why make it easier for the lurkers? They are leeches sucking on the teat of society.
    love this quote, well said!