Thread: The Dark Side of surf fishing

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by albiealert View Post
    A friend called me the other day and said he is getting divorced. He fishes 5 days a week. I have not been out yet this season because I had some things going on in my family, and I had to put them first. This is a very telling thread, I'm grateful to dogfish for posting it here.
    I knw a guy who's getting divorced too, his wife says he hunts and fishes too much. I think this song sums it up for me

I have more trouble with my mother than my wife. Mom just doesn't understand the need for me to be out there pulling in the fish. Every Sunday she wants the family to go to church together then a big feast at her house afterwards.

It's great to stay connected but sometimes I just want to go fish. Thank god for my wife who calms the lion down!

Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    I knw a guy who's getting divorced too, his wife says he hunts and fishes too much. I think this song sums it up for me
    Ha that's a great song!

I found last year more and more being pulled into the dark side. Work load has been on the heavy side with lots of stress. Home life not so great, fishing has been my only outlet.

some time u need to fish the dark side just to get away from the people and have a little peace i cant wait till it get nice and warm so i can sit out there and have a good time

Quote Originally Posted by gjb1969 View Post
    some time u need to fish the dark side just to get away from the people and have a little peace i cant wait till it get nice and warm so i can sit out there and have a good time
    Getting away from the rest of civilization is definitely a plus.